What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often is your iPad with you?

How often do you carry your iPad?

• It is always with me. Always. Are you crazy?

Votes: 298 58.3%
  • I carry it sometimes, but leave it at home a lot too.

Votes: 144 28.2%
  • I only use it at home on the couch, or maybe around the office.

Votes: 69 13.5%

• Total voters

W24TSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is always with me. I went to a cousins party today and it came with me (although I didnt really use it).
Sadly though it gets more use at work (I'm a Computer Technician) so it never leaves me side at work either.
What can I say, its just very handy to have!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd love to take it out more but several factors have me cringing at the thought.
First, I walk with a cane for now and I'm still wobbly on my feet.
Second, I can be a klutz.
And third, where is that perfect klutz proof case?

Roundplay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gomuvn.com
Just about everywhere

3G.
In the: taxi, bus, cafe, hotel, airplane, office, kitchen, car (not while driving of course), sofa, bed, patio, bench outdoors.

And that was all in the first couple weeks...

OP
P

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I went on a bike ride with my wife this week and didnt bring the iPad. Its one of the few times I havent had it within reach since I bought it. We ended up on some new trails that go way out in the boonies and got lost. I wished I had found a way to strap it to the bike - maps and GPS would have gotten us to the road home in just a few minutes. We ended up backing out the way we came and took 10X longer getting home.

So the lesson is, ALWAYS CARRY YOUR IPAD!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
always with me except when in the shower.

It charges overnight right next to my bed and I take it with my when I leave the house. With the folio case no one even notices that I have one :D

caubeck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's next to me when I sleep and often in the WC. How embarassing, come to think of it.

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waiting for mine to arrive (where are you, delivery man!?), but once it does it will go with me in my oh-so-manly man bag, along with iPod touch, phone, psp, and camera.

gojeffrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gojeffrey.com
Mine is with me most of the time. I keep it in a folio case (Incase) so it's protected and not conspicuous. Like some others have posted, I also use it while on the crapper. Multitasking at it's finest.

I don't bring it with me to a restaurant or bar because I don't want to be tempted to use it with barbecue sauce on my fingers or during a beer pong tournament. :D

Tabhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash- Valid reason for leaving iPad at home

Why do you even ask? Pointless poll :D

Of course it is always with me.... Just like my underware, socks.... Duh!!

Why would anyone leave home without it?

Leave it at home. Below are the reasons I was easily able to break my "iPad separation anxiety".

2*** Ever read in the bath? Ever read a book on your iPad in the bath?
3*** No flash. So much for a lot of web design, or demos of flash sites to customers. I can't even show MY OWN company site to people.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yep...read in the bath ALL THE TIME. Have a cheap waterproof easy easy case to use. I think a big baggie would work just as well, though. It really is not a problem.

The flash is a Big Problem. Not being able to access the video/audio of local news stations across the nation who cannot afford to change platforms in this poor business environment prevents them from being able to be seen on an iPad. I had to resort back to carrying my lightest laptop also.

I can't imagine the embarrassment of not being able to show your own company site to people! See that is just not right!

And I have had 43 MacIntosh products since 2 days after the Superbowl in 1984 when they first came out. But this argument between Jobs and Adobe is not serving us consumers well.

orisonmarden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
u kidding me ,, this pool is useless , of course always with me ,, even if John Dillinger rob my iPad, i will still choose A in this pooling.

-_-

Interocitor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Carry it in my handbag. Lots of times already, questions come up and I can look up the answer quickly. Volunteered at 4th of July event and used it as a chalk board to give info about when booth would open. Insured with Safeware for those awful days I get the "dropsies."

ravynshadow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is with me at all times even if I don't think I will use it I will still have it in the car who knows when you will get stuck waiting on some one or something and need to entertain yourself.

DocGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have it with me 5/7 days. On days when I need to do heavy-duty work with documents, then I use my MBA.

iPadMomma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uh, yeah, I had to bring all my designer purses back into my closet so I can find 'just the right one' that it can fit into and still look good. I have to look good when I go back to school/work next week!

theipadlife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad! But I can't say that I love hauling it around in my backpack and I would look too dorky with a manbag. Any thoughts?

Most reactions

Latest posts