What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much ram does ipad 4 have

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's plenty...it's a tablet running a mobile OS...not a PC.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1GB of ram is very little on a PC or a MAC. So, this confusing people who aren't familar with tablets.

OP
smr336152001

smr336152001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not complaning just new to the ipad world this is a great tablet have always been a droid so I will never go back ipad forever. Woooohooooo

Last edited by a moderator:

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
smr336152001 said:
How much ram does ipad4 have

Hello and Welcome to iPF.

Your question about RAM is understandable. As you become familiar with your iPad you'll see that good things really do come on small packages. :)

Please browse the site and use the "Search" function to help discover topics that interest you.

When you get a moment please read the forum rules.

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

iPF is home to thousands of iOS enthusiasts and many spend considerable time helping other members get the most out of their investment.

Enjoy.

AdmiralAdama
IPF Moderator Team Member

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have an android phone, don't be surprised if you start looking at the iPhone. I've had my iPhone 5 since 9/21. Just got my iPad fourth generation and loving that as well. It's amazing what difference the display makes. Reading books, playing games is just so clean.

OP
smr336152001

smr336152001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hookbill said:
If you have an android phone, don't be surprised if you start looking at the iPhone. I've had my iPhone 5 since 9/21. Just got my iPad fourth generation and loving that as well. It's amazing what difference the display makes. Reading books, playing games is just so clean.

I have changed to iPhone 4 and just got ipad 4 woooooohhoooooo lovin life now

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
smr336152001 said:
I have changed to iPhone 4 and just got ipad 4 woooooohhoooooo lovin life now

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Just to give you a little more perspective on the Ram available on iPads. The iPad 1 had 256mb of ram, the iPad 2 has 512mb and the iPads 3 and 4 have 1 GB. That's really a huge jump. I have an iPad 2 and have never had a problem with it as far as this goes, but then I always do a little maintenance, ie closing apps completely each day and a restart about once a month.

So glad you're loving your iPad!

goldenmillion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Just to give you a little more perspective on the Ram available on iPads. The iPad 1 had 256mb of ram, the iPad 2 has 512mb and the iPads 3 and 4 have 1 GB. That's really a huge jump. I have an iPad 2 and have never had a problem with it as far as this goes, but then I always do a little maintenance, ie closing apps completely each day and a restart about once a month.

So glad you're loving your iPad!

Hi I am a new iPad user. You mentioned that you closed your apps completely. May I ask how to do it? I normally just press the bottom middle button to go back to main screen. Any other way to close an app completely?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I am a new iPad user. You mentioned that you closed your apps completely. May I ask how to do it? I normally just press the bottom middle button to go back to main screen. Any other way to close an app completely?

Yes. Either double-tap the Home button or do a four-finger swipe up on the screen - this will make the screen/dock rise to reveal apps in a mutli-task bar. If you press and hold those icons, they'll begin to wiggle and you'll see a red minus sign in the upper left of each icon. Press each icon's minus sign and it will disappear from the multi-task bar. When you are done, tap the top part of the screen to make it go back down.

That fully closes out an app. It's still on the iPad, BTW, but not in the multi-tasker.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know that about the apps! Thanks. That reminds me about something else. I almost always do the 4 finger swipe. I just wonder how many times that button will hold up over millions of times using it. I have had repairmen saying they do have to replace them.

Most reactions

Latest posts