What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 10.5" how much RAM

Battle-Cookie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

The previous iPad Generation had differences in CPU Speed and the built in RAM. The 9.7 had 2 GB RAM, and the 12.9 had 4GB RAM, also the CPU of the 9.7 was a bit slower than the 12.9

Are there any differences like that in the New Generation too? 10.5 Compared to the New 12.9?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple doesn’t say how much RAM it’s iOS devices contain. We'll likely have to wait for a day or two until ifixit or someone else does a tear down or somebody runs a system status app on the new iPad Pro.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The previous iPad Generation had differences in CPU Speed and the built in RAM. The 9.7 had 2 GB RAM, and the 12.9 had 4GB RAM, also the CPU of the 9.7 was a bit slower than the 12.9

Are there any differences like that in the New Generation too? 10.5 Compared to the New 12.9?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Well, I have to agree w/ SciFan.. about the RAM in the new iPad Pros just announced - both will come w/ the A10X Fusion chip (more information HERE) and also 64 GB base storage! I suspect that the RAM will be 4 GB, but unknown to me @ the moment - after its introduction, I plan to upgrade my iPad Air 2 and purchase the new 10.5" iPad Pro model. Dave

As expected, Apple has unveiled a brand new iPad Pro with a 10.5-inch with narrower bezels. The side bezels are 40% smaller, and the screen can display a full size keyboard. Apple is also launching an update to the 12.9-inch iPad with both running on an A10X Fusion chip.

Most reactions