What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much do you pay for gas?

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$1.30/ Gal here in Texas....... Im going to feel ripped off once i move to the UK.....

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$51 to fill the Roady up with Super on Monday. If you're US military Dannyboy you can buy your fuel at close to US prices on the major bases. If you're a civvie.. Meh, you can suffer ;)

BFP_br

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here in Brazil gasoline costs 2.40 reais in dollar cost $ 1.45 per liter, and alcohol (ethanol) here costs 1.50 reais and U.S. dollars in 0,906 U.S. dollars per liter. Here only buy per liter.

A big hug.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've always wondered why UK standard fuel is 95 octane but 'regular gas' in the US and Canada is something like 88 octane.

Do we use different octane ratings or something?

Yip.. In Europe fuel is rated by RON, where in the US it's rated by MON, or some average of RON and MON. So fuel is usually rated between 5 and 10 points lower in the US than in Europe.

barry1024

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.jamesboydphoto.com
I've always wondered why UK standard fuel is 95 octane but 'regular gas' in the US and Canada is something like 88 octane.

Do we use different octane ratings or something?

Yip.. In Europe fuel is rated by RON, where in the US it's rated by MON, or some average of RON and MON. So fuel is usually rated between 5 and 10 points lower in the US than in Europe.

Interesting, i never knew that. I've looked up the difference between MON and RON and it all seems pretty harmless. And here's me thinking that fuel in the US had bits of twigs floating in it :p

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
smiley-signs133.gif

Thought I would see where some stand now ~ back in 2010, we were paying $3.00 a gallon and now we are paying $3.35. But it has gone up a lot more than that in between.

Most reactions

Latest posts