What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many WiFi's will be exchanged for 3Gs on Friday

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not everyone has the extra $$ to spend on an 32 or 64 gig ipad but, I bet those of us who only have a mere 16gb enjoy ours just as much. 1st gen 8gb nano, 16gb Classic, 80gb Classic, 16gb Touch, 16gb ipad and counting.

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope everyone that bought a WiFi unit KNOWING that they would later trade in in later for the GS... gets BUUUUUURNED. :mad:

That is just no good, dishonest... and wasteful. :mad:

These are weaklings that could not contain themselves.
Shame on you. You are waste.

Last edited:

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if they won't exchange my 32gb wifi for the 3G I'll just buy the 16gb 3G version and keep my wifi for home. The 3G will be my on the go iPad. And eventually sell my wifi version.

eflyersteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't justify a 3G model and another $30/month. Just makes no sense if I have to have a phone with me wherever I go and that phone has unlimited data.

What's ironic is that I used to have my 3GS jailbroken for the sole purpose of sharinf it's data connection over wifi. But I had a problem and AT&T installed the latest OS. So now I am considering a windows modile or android phone to replace my 3GS so that I can share data with my wifi iPad. I wonder how many people are in a similar situation of selling their iphone because of no tethering?

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't justify a 3G model and another $30/month. Just makes no sense if I have to have a phone with me wherever I go and that phone has unlimited data.

What's ironic is that I used to have my 3GS jailbroken for the sole purpose of sharinf it's data connection over wifi. But I had a problem and AT&T installed the latest OS. So now I am considering a windows modile or android phone to replace my 3GS so that I can share data with my wifi iPad. I wonder how many people are in a similar situation of selling their iphone because of no tethering?

That came across my mind about going with another phone for tethering purposes, but come to think about it, I just love my iPhone so bad there is no way to live without it. That is very ironic though :).

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think there will be a number, but people are buying the wifi models above retail so it would make more sense to sell a wifi model and roll the cash into a 3G. It may be the way I go. Not sure how the supply of wifi models are keeping up though.

I think that in the next iteration of the iPad that the WiFi models along with 16GB storage amount will go away.

Nah, I don't think so.

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would be more interested if this was coming out from one of the big hardware companies --- The Q was a cool idea but ended up being problematic due to delays and the company that was behind it being too small to generate any penetration.

Bottom Line for me - a 2.4 LB device is too heavy for my intended use (Primarily as a E-Reader - everything else secondary...)

Still I'll be interested to seeing it in the wild - the JO0JO0 that is.

https://thejoojoo.com/

Im trading in my Ipad 32gb 3g for a joo joo tablet!! Have you seen the Joo Joo? Its crazy!!!

Yub, I've seen the joo Jo and I agree. It is crazy crap :D

Its crazy awesome!:)

Last edited:

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my problem is iam allready spending about $.135.oo dollars a month on the smart phone services from the AT&T why do i want to add another bill to my bills as it is to my list of monthly bills ..

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I aimed for a WiFI Version IPad, at home, do all the stuff with my WiFi Router.

My problem is that i am going to write alot in Coffés around my Home, there i got no WiFi, cause the Hotspots are quite few and crappy where i live.

I Bet i have to send or recive some E-Mails there, i first planned to send them from my iphone with bluetooth to the ipad, but that seems to be quite difficult.

I checked most apps out now, and there still things i cannot say they will work transfering files from iphone to ipad or the other way.

Having a WiFi + 3G IPad would solve the problem, i could recive EMails directly to the IPad and skip the IPhone.
There will be prepaid options for 3G here around 4$ for 500MB for one day.

Since im not every day out with the IPad i think this will be the most comfortable way.

0002S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I won't! I jailbroke my iPhone to tether to the iPad! :)

+1. Why would I pay for data use twice + the additional hardware cost?

Blackra1n + Cydia + MyWi = HUGE:ipad-keyboard: savings

0002S

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Go into Cydia under System and search MyWi. Install and pay the 9.99. This will turn your jailbroken iPhone 3GS into a wifi hotspot. Enjoy your 3G enabled iPad. (as a bonus you can connect multiple devices as well)

eflyersteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Go into Cydia under System and search MyWi. Install and pay the 9.99. This will turn your jailbroken iPhone 3GS into a wifi hotspot. Enjoy your 3G enabled iPad. (as a bonus you can connect multiple devices as well)

That would be great if AT&T hadn't installed 3.1.3. I did have mywi and it was nice. Can't jailbreak 3.1.3 though so I'm stuck with a windows phone for data on the road on my iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts