What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP. My iTunes are taking forever to "Update files on iPad" when i transfer ebooks.

Vaden15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings. My name is Vaden15 and I'm new to this forums. I need help in figuring out how to fix this problem... when i transfer Music or Videos from PC to iPad by just dragging them into iTunes I've no problem whatsoever, BUT when it came down to ebooks and PDF files it shows "Updating Files on iPad: Preparing to update" it takes forever in that status.

What troubles me is that it used to be fast and efficient in transferring .epubs and PDF files from PC to iPad a day ago. I have done a lot of stuff, including deleting logged files regarding crashes etc., uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes in my laptop...( btw, my laptop runs of Windows 7.) and I still have the same problem.

Your input will be very much appreciated. More power to you guys.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Check the size recent books you've added to iTunes. Some PDF files and some of the newer ePubs (enhance media) can be very large. It's also possible you've got a corrupted book file. Use iTunes sync settings to eliminate some of the newer books and see if that helps.

OP
Vaden15

Vaden15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, IT ACTUALLY WORKED. There WAS a corrupted book file. After i got rid of that my ebook transfers are now a breeze. I went to my nearest Apple store and they couldn't figure it out. Hats off to you. Thank you so much. You are an iPad Wiz.

Most reactions

Latest posts