What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many do u charge ur ipad in a day?

Gracie1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just had my iPad 2 2 months ago. I used my iPad for watching videos on YouTube for my 2 years old baby.he loves watching his fave show. But I have noticed that my iPad is already almost low bat at the end of the day so I have to charge it mostly everyday. Is this normal? Pls let me know.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine quite a bit and I charge it once everyday. The issue isn't so much how often you charge it but how long it will last on a full charge?

The Archangel

OP
Gracie1982

Gracie1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it necessary to wait until the iPad is totally low bat before you charge it? I heard some rumors that u will destroy the battery or ur iPad if you charge it even if it's not totally lowbat.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's actually better for the battery to charge it often and not wait until its fully discharged. A full discharge and charge puts more strain on the battery.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should be getting 10 hours on a full charge. Apple also recommends letting your battery drain once a month to keep your battery indicator working properly.

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On both my iPads I've always had a full 10 hrs use. I put it on charge every night to wake up with a fresh 100% each morning. Sometimes on particularly high usage days I'll give it a few percent top up during the day too. I've experienced no battery degredation at all from the frequent recharging and partial recharging.

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
You should be getting 10 hours on a full charge. Apple also recommends letting your battery drain once a month to keep your battery indicator working properly.

I think that correct, works the same with laptops. I think keeping the iPad charging all the time is no too good

chris32456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest you wait till it drains all the way, then you charge it back up again

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chris32456 said:
I suggest you wait till it drains all the way, then you charge it back up again

No, that is not the recommendation by Apple, you should only do this once a month and only then to recalibrate your battery meter.

The Archangel

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, that is not the recommendation by Apple, you should only do this once a month and only then to recalibrate your battery meter.

The Archangel
Agreed, I do this once a month on my iPad and again for my iPhone. Seems to be doing the trick.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree! Once a month complete discharge and charge all devices overnight, fresh for the days use

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep your battery operating between 25and 75% always except for that occasional full discharge for the meter calibration.
Just regard 25% as empty and 75% as full. That's the best for the batt itself. If you insist on having the maximum 10hr duration period go ahead but it is not the method that will help your average batt life overall over time. It is not a problem to get the full 10 hr usage occasionally or even constantly. It will perform for you but it won't last as long as it might if you use the 25 % / 75% method. I say treat it as you choose, a newly installed battery from Apple is approx $60.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slimseven said:
Keep your battery operating between 25and 75% always except for that occasional full discharge for the meter calibration.
Just regard 25% as empty and 75% as full. That's the best for the batt itself. If you insist on having the maximum 10hr duration period go ahead but it is not the method that will help your average batt life overall over time. It is not a problem to get the full 10 hr usage occasionally or even constantly. It will perform for you but it won't last as long as it might if you use the 25 % / 75% method. I say treat it as you choose, a newly installed battery from Apple is approx $60.

That's funny, but I don't find that advice here http://www.apple.com/batteries/ and personally I would advise iPad owners to follow Apple's advice.

The Archangel

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I have never come across any official advice to treat 75% battery as "100%". Can you please provide any sources to back this up, or is it something you have just made up yourself? Apples official advice does not back up this information.

Most reactions

Latest posts