What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many developers does it take to develop Apps?

iScotts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.

Im very curious as to how many developers does it take on average to develop an app? I am thinking if i where to open a mobile development company how many developers would be ok to hire?
Ok I know this will depend of the difficulty of the app, so im thinking the most feature based app or game you can think of. Can these be handled by single experienced developers? Would somthing like "Pages" or keynote need a team or would one dev be ok?

Looking forward to your comments.

Last edited:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Applications from major development houses always use a team. There are UI designers who specialize in usability, graphics artists who make things sexy, hard core coders who can execute any idea in code, and depending on the app there can easily be a number of experts in the concept as well.

Certainly there are apps written by just one person, but in any competitive development house that will not be the case.

Our minumim project team is 5 people, and we've had a team of 18 working on just one app

Most reactions

Latest posts