What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how many 2 Ipad familys??

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked into that as well because I have Sprint. The unit costs $49. BUT the data service for it is $59. per month with a 2 year contract. If you put the unit in your shopping cart it will pop up the data plan that you have to have with it. I believe it is a limited plan as well. Doesn't sound too good to me.

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually you are limited to 5 gigs of 3G and unlimited if you are using 4G. I guess until 4G is more widely used it wouldn't be that good of deal. I think the 2 gigs at $25. that AT&T offers would be a better deal in the long run. Or you could hack your phone and turn it into a wifi hotspot.......

OP
psmoore

psmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw that too. What a ripoff. I already pay for the everything data plan. I have one phone on my plan that's due to upgrade so I may look into the HTC EVO which you can make into a wifi hotspot.

Thanks for the reply.

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The EVO is ok but you will pay extra for that data plan too. They charge you an extra $10. for a "special data plan" and then charge another fee for using it as a hotspot. It doesn't sound like they want you to do anything else with your phone other than make phone calls, get email and text.

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The extra fee of $10. plus the hotspot fee of $29. per month makes it not too bad. I don't know if you are limited to the amount of data for that fee. I read that it makes the data plan one of the most expensive single data plans for an android phone.

Mark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are a two iPad 64GB 3G home.

Started with me doing the pre-order on launch day. I asked her if she wanted one and said she didn't need it. Ok, fine. No prob.
When I get mine I am having to constantly ask her "can I use my iPad?". It was usually ok, just a minute. I asked her if she wanted one and she always said no I don't need one. I reminded her she is ALWAYS on mine and she replied, yeah but I always give it to you when you ask.
I'M TIRED OF ASKING TO USE MY IPAD!!!
So a month later I purchased her one. She is on it constantly. :)

So what do we do when gen 2 comes out? Recycle these two to family members that don't understand the need for an iPad and purchase the next gen.

OP
psmoore

psmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife don't use mine too much, but we like playing scrabble and having two would be nice. She also sees benefits to having it for her work. I'm pretty sure she'll be getting one for Christmas, or whenever the 2nd gene comes out.

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update...I asked my sister today while we were looking in Best Buy what would she rather have, an iPad or a netbook..to my surprise, she said the netbook. I think she said this mainly because she loves to play games on Pogo and Facebook and these don't work on the iPad. She likes my iPad, but she thinks she'd get more use out of the netbook..Hey, at least it's cheaper.:p:D

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The extra fee of $10. plus the hotspot fee of $29. per month makes it not too bad. I don't know if you are limited to the amount of data for that fee. I read that it makes the data plan one of the most expensive single data plans for an android phone.

Or, you know, you could jailbreak the phone and get that wifi sharing free. Also, the 10 dollar fee is negated if you sign up for an EPRP plan because its 10 dollars cheaper than the standard plans.

Sprint | Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program

Russ McGuire, Vice President of strategy for Sprint, has revealed his email address along with the last 3 digits of his employee ID number: [email protected] and employee number of 383. Everyone is allowed to sign up for this plan. Its an amazing plan, and gets you an Evo for 70 dollars a month with 500 minutes and unlimited everything else. Also in this plan, calls to any mobile number on any network are unlimited and free, as in not counted against your minutes.

Last edited:

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BUT, you still would have to pay an additional $29.99 per month for a hot spot plan. (or would that be included in the $70.) I have already "modified" my Palm Pre to be a hot spot but I haven't had to use it much because of the wifi we encounter when we go out. It's nice to know about that special plan if I decide to go android but right now I am really happy with my Pre.

Most reactions

Latest posts