What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will it take?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It didn't lake long for the original iPhone to get jail broken, how long will it take before the iPad gets cracked?

jsfoard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my opinion it depends on whether it runs Mac OS mobile or iPhone OS but upgraded, I personally upgraded my iPhone 3g for my amazing droid and it took very little time for them to be hack, but Mac OS seems to be a little harder to hack.
iPhone=bad Droid=Uber!

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It didn't lake long for the original iPhone to get jail broken, how long will it take before the iSlate gets cracked?

No system is perfect. But, knowing all the hackers out there, all the people who live for hacking. 2 or 3 days. Give or take.

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think it will take anytime at all :)

new2u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It the code is being ported over as a iphone OS, then it will be cracked almost instantly. I would give it 2 weeks, maybe 3 tops. If they beef up some security on it then maybe alittle longer. But seeing as people have a fondness of hacking things, i doubt it will take long at all.

Bartjj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it may take longer than that though new2u because of the new processors, if i recall thats pretty much the main problem the have had every single generation and getting it up to date its not that the software was the same because the 2g ipod touches didnt get jailbroken until 2.2.1 i think maybe it was 2.1 cant member ;)

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
it may take longer than that though new2u because of the new processors, if i recall thats pretty much the main problem the have had every single generation and getting it up to date its not that the software was the same because the 2g ipod touches didnt get jailbroken until 2.2.1 i think maybe it was 2.1 cant member ;)

I didn't think about that...just another reason why they are trying to control and design every component.

Varking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still think with how advanced hackers are nowadays, I will take less then a month once it releases.

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think we'll have a good guess here shortly. The new iPhone OS update came out today, and as of now it hasn't been jail broken yet.

iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not long at all. i've already cracked it :D
lol like i have anything to gain by doing that :cool:

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not long at all. i've already cracked it :D
lol like i have anything to gain by doing that :cool:

You should take some pics of your "cracked" iPad :)

rudeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe it will take some time. At the most 3 months. Case in point the new OS has not be broken yet. Thats why you should not upgrade at the moment.

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe it will take some time. At the most 3 months. Case in point the new OS has not be broken yet. Thats why you should not upgrade at the moment.

True, but I give that only a couple more weeks :p

Most reactions

Latest posts