What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Does One Return A Purchased App?

BobHelms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a standardized way to return purchased apps to the App Store? Did a search, didn't find anything. TIA for any help.
Bob Helms

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not a problem at all.

'Phone the Apple Support line (it's free) with the transaction reference number from your iTunes invoice and they'll refund the full purchase price as a credit to your iTunes account. Many Members have done this and we've not yet heard of any case of a refund being refused.

In fact, it's all win for Apple, because they get to keep their cut of the original transaction and it's the Developer who has to refund the full purchase price to the customer. So it's win-win-win for Apple, they keep their cut, they get a satisfied customer who might well now buy a replacement app, for which Apple will get another cut - so you can see why they don't raise any objections...

Tim

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You don't actually return the purchased app. Apple will refund you the money and the app will still stay in your iPad. However, during next sync via iTunes, you'll probably lose the app.

OP
B

BobHelms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim,
I got a phone# called Customer Support. Was told they take all pertinent information and pass it on to group that does the actual refund (they have to call / contact me first). What number in the states were your referring to for app refunds?

Mobi1
I understand the app is, but it isn't, still there syndrome. That's fine with me. Thanks for all the help.

Bob Helms

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I only had one refund so far. I simply clicked the link Report a problem link inside iTune for that transaction and they replied me back next day that they'd process the refund.

PS: When you click on the link, there is an option to say "I bought it inadvertently".

Most reactions

Latest posts