What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store Icon Has "1" In Upper Right Corner?

BobHelms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of a sudden my App Store Icon has the number 1 in the upper right corner. I'm sure I caused it but I can't remember what I did or how to get this Icon back to normal. Where can I find information on how to deal with this issue? TIA for your help.
Bob Helms

PSUMATT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most likely it is indicating that you have an app with an update available.

OP
B

BobHelms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks PSUMATT. That's exactly what it was. Is that kind of information documented somewhere? I'm so used to digging around in some users guide to find out whatever I need. It's kinda frustrating when you don't know where to look.

verwon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a guide, open Safari, it's bookmarked by default.

---
- Mistress of Mischief

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks PSUMATT. That's exactly what it was. Is that kind of information documented somewhere? I'm so used to digging around in some users guide to find out whatever I need. It's kinda frustrating when you don't know where to look.

It's discussed on page 180 of the User Guide (iOS 4.3)

Tim

OP
B

BobHelms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim,
Did the iPad 2 come with a iOS user guide, or is it up on the web? When the new iOS (5) comes out this fall will the user guide for it be available or does it already exist on the web somewhere? Thanks.
Bob Helms

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The User Guide came as a preset bookmark in Safari - installed already for you - or you can download the guide for off-line reading in iBooks from

Apple - Support - Manuals

It was not included (in paper form) with any iPad.

As far as I'm aware, the iOS 5 manual is not yet available.

Tim

OP
B

BobHelms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim,
Yes after verwon pointed it out I found the "Updating Apps" section that explained my issue. However I didn't see any page numbers so that confused me on the doc that you were referring to, even though it's the same. In any case I'll know where to start looking next time. Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - probably my fault. The page numbers come up when I read it in iBooks but they're not on the actual manual page - it's simply iBooks 'counting' the pages.

Tim

Most reactions