What's new
Apple iPad Forum ๐ŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you get the smileycons? emoji/emoticons?

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw on another thread that said that is wasn't possible. I was hoping to get some affirmation that it's true :( or possible hints on how to get it on my iPad :D.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In App store type Emoticons , there are quite a few . I use CLIPsh .

OP
iPadOhana

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. Do they add another keyboard on the keypad? I'm assuming it's pretty simple. ๎—

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No , you have to go to the app , copy the smiley and then paste in your email . With multitasking it's easy . I made folders of my favorites .

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Type in the AppStore search bar emoji and you should find some options. (see this if you're on a iPad ๎”…๎…†๎Ž๎‚).

Attachments

• image-810972545.jpg
    image-810972545.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 849

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I downloaded Emoji Free! By Awsomest - it adds a keyboard. Curiously, you can delete the app, but the keyboard remains.

c14844e8.png

Last edited:
OP
iPadOhana

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Way cool. I downloaded it too. Works great!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NumbLock said:
I downloaded Emoji Free! By Awsomest - it adds a keyboard. Curiously, you can delete the app, but the keyboard remains.

How do you get high quality pictures during upload because mine just compress and kill the pixels! aaargh!

AppsforiPads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But can people see the emoticons in Facebook if you typed them into Friendly on your iPad? I am on my PC right now and the ones I think biobunny typed above are just squares... there are no pictures... so only people on iOS devices will see them? Even in Facebook?

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AppsforiPads said:
But can people see the emoticons in Facebook if you typed them into Friendly on your iPad? I am on my PC right now and the ones I think biobunny typed above are just squares... there are no pictures... so only people on iOS devices will see them? Even in Facebook?

Yes unfortunately. Only people running iOS can see them, even on Facebook. Well the keyboard is still awesome. I really dislike the fact that some people were giving 1 stars for the lack of a Canadian flag and I can't blame them because they never created the keyboard, Apple did and made it hidden. All they do is add some lines to a particular Plist.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

Lagranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, first off: Credit for this tip comes from an 'iPad Today'/ TWiT podcast (which in turn came from one of their listeners).

Once you have an Emoji app or keyboard installed, you call also use them in the names of folders on the springboard. (For some reason I couldn't use the Emoji keyboard directly but had to C&P them into the folder names) ex. a folder that holds all your art apps could have the Emoji icon of a painter's palette in its name.

I'm still undecided if this is actually a helpful feature or not. Still, it does add a small sprinkle eye candy for non-jailbroken devices and usually causes a brief double-take when other iOS user's see it.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sweetness! ๎€Ž๎—

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions