What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Built in Emoji issue

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A you all know, iOS 5 came with the Emoji emoticons keyboard. I had that installed as a separate app but then removed it when I learned it would come with the new iOS.

Selected it to be on. Works fine with emails, etc. but here in iPad Forums app (and iPhone Forums app), it doesn't.

I can see my smiley face HERE: dde0a when I'm composing the message but when I send, the emoticon turns into a series of characters (the character code for it).

Likewise....while I'm composing this, THIS is supposed to be a moon: cdf19 I can see it as such here but I believe it, too, will turn into characters after I send and see the post.

And so forth.

Has anyone else run into this.? I thought disabling and re-enabling the Emoji keyboard would help but there seems to be no way I can do that. Huh?

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the same experience. I think it may have something to do with the way the dreaded "parse error" here on IPF got resolved. I heard it was caused in part by a difficulty in handling special characters like smileys. It could be that the forum had to disable them. Just a thought.

Never, never, never give up -- Winston Churchill

Most reactions

Latest posts