What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do you get the PREVENT IPODS etc FROM SYNCING AUTOMATICALLY to actually work?

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seems that my JB 5.1.1 ipad 2 and itunes syncs regardless of that option checked which is very unknowing because i had to restore an older back up and now my calendars and notes all got erased before i even noticed

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just as a review: In iTunes, you are going to Edit > Preferences > Devices, the choosing to check the box that says something like "prevent iDevices from syncing.". Then, I have found that it also helps to UNcheck the "sync new apps automatically" under the Apps tab (when the iPad is connected).

Oh, and somewhere there is an option to make iTunes NOT open automatically when the iPad is connected (you have to manually open iTunes). I forget where that is - and I'm not near my iTunes at the moment (if you can't find it - holler back and I'll take a look for it...).

With all those boxes checked/unchecked - my iTunes does nothing with my jail broken iPad3 until I tell it to. Makes life simpler because I really don't like iTunes (only use it to make backups and to store my apps).

So, double check all those options? Cause, again, my iTunes "behaves itself" with my jail broken iPad, so hopefully you've got a boxed wrong...

Marilyn

Most reactions