What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you clean YOUR iPad?

Broseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So we all just spent hundreds on a new iPad, how do we keep it clean?

I got an in-store demo on the smart-cover at the Apple store, and an employee there showed me something I haven't seen anyone else do.

If you fold the smart-cover into a triangle (the typing set) without magnetically attaching it, you can use it as a scrub to wipe smudges off the screen. Maybe this has been posted before but it's a good tip that I think many people haven't heard.

So, cleaning the screen is easy enough...any tips for cleaning the body? Rubbing alcohol? Windex? (a la My Big Fat Greek Wedding? :p )

ps249

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the moist towelettes bought from walmart for $2 for 24 wipes. Name brand is Nice n clean
They are electronic cleaning wipes. It restores the screen to like new condition. I also use the same wipe to wipe down my pc monitor, cell phone, ipod touch- so each towelette will clean about 4 items.
For cleaning the back, just a damp cloth will work fine. I usually only get a little dust on the back- nothing major.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So we all just spent hundreds on a new iPad, how do we keep it clean?

I got an in-store demo on the smart-cover at the Apple store, and an employee there showed me something I haven't seen anyone else do.

If you fold the smart-cover into a triangle (the typing set) without magnetically attaching it, you can use it as a scrub to wipe smudges off the screen. Maybe this has been posted before but it's a good tip that I think many people haven't heard.

So, cleaning the screen is easy enough...any tips for cleaning the body? Rubbing alcohol? Windex? (a la My Big Fat Greek Wedding? :p )
Realize that when the smart cover is folded into a stand, one of the surfaces might pick up stuff from the support surface. Make sure it is thoroughly clean ... you do not want to scrub your screen with embedded dirt and grit.

Kirwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Automatic Dishwasher

I clean my iPad in the dishwasher. Be sure to use the top rack only! You don't want to melt your iPad during the dry cycle. I find that Sunlight OxiAction dishwashing gel works best to clean the iPad while leaving a nice lemon scent. However... I did find that using the dishwasher rendered my particular iPad inoperable, but your results may vary.

Good luck should you decide to use my method to clean your iPad. Oh! Almost forgot! Be sure to use a drying agent such as Jet Dry to prevent unsightly spotting on that beautiful glass surface.:D

Sam4msu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a pair of microfiber clothes from my local Lowe's. One happened to match my wifes bright green smart cover. They work great.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I clean my iPad in the dishwasher. Be sure to use the top rack only! You don't want to melt your iPad during the dry cycle. I find that Sunlight OxiAction dishwashing gel works best to clean the iPad while leaving a nice lemon scent. However... I did find that using the dishwasher rendered my particular iPad inoperable, but your results may vary.

Good luck should you decide to use my method to clean your iPad. Oh! Almost forgot! Be sure to use a drying agent such as Jet Dry to prevent unsightly spotting on that beautiful glass surface.:D

what does this contribute but diss

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Realize that when the smart cover is folded into a stand, one of the surfaces might pick up stuff from the support surface. Make sure it is thoroughly clean ... you do not want to scrub your screen with embedded dirt and grit.

Yeah, I'd never clean my screen like that lol, my cover is always picking up stuff. I used to use a cloth that came with my hdtv. But I recently put a screen protector on it, so now I just use whatever cloth is at hand at the time. (scratch proof ftw!) :D

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Spent last year cleaning the iPad with baby wipes and had no problems. Started doing the same with the iPad2.

Screens smooth as a babys bottom now.......

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Microfiber cloth. Ordered a few packs from amazon before ipad arrived. a couple of swipes and the screen is clean. Never had a need to clean outside, just wipe it off with viva paper towel.

Brockly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The glass is the same as the iPhone it to hard to scratch. Lol I use window cleaner and a rag. I don't buy the 2.99 wipes or hd cleaner for the tv. Another thing fanboys or crack apples need to buy lol

Reaction score
The only proper way of cleaning an iPad screen is your tongue:

Attachments

• image-159858627.png
    image-159858627.png
    212.8 KB · Views: 315

Bratan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kirwin said:

Nice! I've been using my washing machine, just make sure u wash cold with like colors and wrap iPad in a t-shirt so it doesn't scratch. Dry on low heat :)

Most reactions

Latest posts