What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get different text styles in OneDrive PDF editor?

Commentariat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I download a PDF file from OneDrive to my iPad Pro, it opens in the OneDrive PDF editor. It's a very useful editor, but I can't see how to get bold, italic, etc, when typing in some text using the Typewriter option.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I hadn't relized OneDrive had a bullt in PDF Editor. Cool.

From what I could see the Bold, Italic, Underline controls are not available with OneDrives annotation text tool.

1) You can fake it for some fonts by shoosing the (i) next to the font and using one of the variations. No underline, but bold and italics are possible.

2) If you don't see OneDrive's custom keyboard shortcuts, tap on the paragraph symbole at the top right of the iOS keyboard shortcuts.

3) If you don't see the iOS keyboard shortcut, tap on the emoji/world key, and turn on

4) the shorcut switch.

image.jpeg

Neither of my main PDF annotation apps offer BIU in their text annotation tool. I suspect there is some limitation of the PDF annoatation format that prevents it.

OP
C

Commentariat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hadn't relized OneDrive had a bullt in PDF Editor. Cool.

From what I could see the Bold, Italic, Underline controls are not available with OneDrives annotation text tool.

1) You can fake it for some fonts by shoosing the (i) next to the font and using one of the variations. No underline, but bold and italics are possible.

2) If you don't see OneDrive's custom keyboard shortcuts, tap on the paragraph symbole at the top right of the iOS keyboard shortcuts.

3) If you don't see the iOS keyboard shortcut, tap on the emoji/world key, and turn on

4) the shorcut switch.

View attachment 72879

Neither of my main PDF annotation apps offer BIU in their text annotation tool. I suspect there is some limitation of the PDF annoatation format that prevents it.

OP
C

Commentariat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much! Exactly what I needed. I simply wanted to add chords into some music files, and needed bold to make the symbols stand out. It really is a nice little editor.

Your detailed response is most appreciated.

Most reactions

Latest posts