What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoodReader Help Please

auntyj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi,
I have a couple of files I've uploaded from OneDrive back when I was new to GoodReader & didn't know how to upload files.
I want to delete them - I don't need them & they don't open anyway.
When I try, I get a pop-up saying, "A file that you're trying to delete is synced with a remote server. If you really want to delete it, first you have to delete a synchronisation record (*unsync* the file) on Connect control panel"

I can't figure out how to do this! the only option to me in regard to this remote server (OneDrive) is to delete the server completely, which I obviously don't want to do. I can't find any way to unsync, and I'm not even sure I'm on the Connect control panel, as none of the panels are labelled!

I've tried deleting the files from OneDrive, but that doesn't work either.
GoodReader is a great app, but it's instruction manual is s**t - tells you what to do but not how to do it!

I've attached screenpics of what I think is the Connect control panel, and of the pop-up box.
Im using a iPad 2 with IOS8, and the latest version of GoodReader (although this problem dates from about a year ago, with IOS7 & whatever version of GoodReader was around then.

I tried looking through the old threads about GoodReader, but they're all, well, old.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
See the file listed under the Remote Sync header in the right pane?

Tap that and delete. This is the remote sync record it is talking about. Once it's deleted the green sync icon will disappear from the file on the left and you can delete it as normal.

Select the other file in the left pane, and repeat.

This won't delete the file from OneDrive itself. You'll have to do that separately, if you haven't already done so.

This was new to me too. I haven't been keeping up with the new features in GoodReader. Took me a bit to figure it out.

Last edited:
OP
A

auntyj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't believe it was that easy, I mucked about with those files for ages trying to delete them!
Thank you - all fixed!

Most reactions

Latest posts