What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get a new version HDMI adapter to work with iOS 5.0.1?

PolliSoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a jailbroken iPad2, with iOS 5.0.1. Installed. I use XBMC a lot and I wanted to use it as an awesome portable media player, so I just got myself an HDMI digital adapter from apple store. When I tried it, I just get a pop-up that states "This accessory requires iOS upgrade". After talking to the Apple support, I found out that the newer HDMI adapters requires iOS5.1 to work, so I'm stuck.

After searching the web, I found a way of fooling applications to think 5.1 is installed by altering the SystemVersion.plist file on the iPad. I changed it according to the instructions, but I still get the same error message when I connect the HDMI cable.

Is there a way of fooling the cable that I have 5.1 installed, or do I have to wait for a jailbreak for 5.1 before I can use it?

Most reactions

Latest posts