What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Do I Clear ALL of the internet history

Shellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work at a counseling center for at-risk abuse survivors who use donated iPads to journal their interactions and experiences with their partners. Many of these partners continue to be a current source of abusive behaviors. These women face a very real danger should their partner see what has been typed into the search box. The frightening reality is that the iPad's Google app retains all that has ever been typed into that box, and regurgitates it as part of it's alphabetical instant search feature within the first one to two letters typed into its' search box thereafter! I was hoping that the glaring privacy issue of the iPad's inability and the Google apps' unwillingness to permanently clear past search history from it's instant search results would be addressed. Despite utilizing "clear history" when results drop down in the menu, and despite clearing cookies and cache, etc., from Google and Safari in the iPad settings icon, plus despite clearing bookmarks in the Safari app, finally despite meticulously following the instructions from the iPad help, this serious security breach remains. In fact, iPad help instructs to use the settings touch button (the sprocket icon located on a pull down screen located above the search box) to open the Google app menu. Within it is supposedly a button saying "save recent searches". When clicked it supposedly offers a yes and no choice. If no is chosen, then supposedly all searches are cleared and all future searches not saved. Disturbingly, this button is absent from the menu! it does not exist. Which presupposes that when iPad help was developed, it was assumed that such a button would be included in the menu feature when, it turns out, it was not.

Inkee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same trouble. I tried everything in the forums nothing worked but.....this did. I simply deleted the Google app I downloaded and then re downloaded it. Worked like a charm!

Inkee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I had the same trouble. I followed all the suggestions in the forum...nothing worked so I deleted the Google app and then redo loaded it. Worked like. Charm!

Most reactions

Latest posts