What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I text to someone that has android? What Pp would I use

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ty to text my friends who have other devices other than apple, and iMessage won't allow it to happen.
is there a program...APP that will allow me to do so?

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you and your friends have google talk you can download vtok for the iPhone. You can just send them an SMS text though.

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you get a Google Voice account you can use Talkatone to text and make phone calls (over wifi or 3g) with the iPad...works cool for phone calls...I haven't text with it yet.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
grabbit97 said:
Ty to text my friends who have other devices other than apple, and iMessage won't allow it to happen.
is there a program...APP that will allow me to do so?

Text plus. You can text anyone on it for free via wifi as well as 3G.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.1Update From NYC!!! using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
google voice will let you send SMS text messages to your friends.

Is it actually free or does it count against monthly allotted texts?

OP
G

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying haywire...all I want to do is text NON apple users...any other suggestions?
They won't necessarily have the program on their phone...be it android or whatever

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mikespe said:

Cool another option. I can't live w o my google voice. I also have text plus and talkatone free texting and calling installed.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
grabbit97 said:
I am trying haywire...all I want to do is text NON apple users...any other suggestions?
They won't necessarily have the program on their phone...be it android or whatever

Text plus for sure. I've used it with non IOS and non Text Plus subscribers. Doesn't count against my monthly allotment - uses wifi or 3G.

Xdd2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Text plus I'd an app that the person receiving it does not have to have the app.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Text Plus is great

It seems good but I hate that you can't use your own number. What happens then is that you end up having to send people two separate numbers to text you at. One for the iPad and one for your cell phone. Unless I missed something that's not desirable to me.

Most reactions

Latest posts