What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2, texting is squirrely

Sherita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my iPad2, up until a few days ago I could text back and forth with a friend of mine who is using an iPhone5. Now, today, the ipad is insisting that his phone is not an iPhone (which is it), and won't let me text him. I get the whole "not registered with imessage" routine. But, he IS registered with imessage, and he IS using an iPhone. Absolutely nothing has changed with my ipad, or his iphone, but they sure won't talk to each other. I'm about to pull my hair out over this. Any ideas? I've tried turning imessage off and on again, I've done a hard reset on the iPad. I give up. Hopefully someone on here is smarter than I am.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not an answer, but I find that with my daughters 3GS, it will only receive an iMessage when on wifi, otherwise I have to Send as Text Message from my iPhone. So when it comes to sending from my iPad, it won't be received for some time until she is on wifi.

The only difference between her phone and my other daughters iPhone is that she is on pre-paid, and the rest of us are on post-paid plans. Same carrier.

I guess what I'm trying o say is that possibly when only on cellular data, iMessage is a bit flakey.

Most reactions