What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hover

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No post that I can see re: hover. A website had a tab that needed to be hovered over to show a drop down to get to next section of website. Can't find any info re: if can hover on iPad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These are usually Flash websites. As the previous poster indicated you can't do this because the iPad Safari web browser doesn't support Flash.

There are a couple of third-party app browsers that 'sort of' support Flash by a 'workaround'. If you'd like to post the URL of the site that you need to access we can perhaps give you some specific help - hopefully!!

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Tim
Scotland

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Puffin browser might help.
Then again you might just be heavy handed........

CKsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These are usually Flash websites. As the previous poster indicated you can't do this because the iPad Safari web browser doesn't support Flash.

There are a couple of third-party app browsers that 'sort of' support Flash by a 'workaround'. If you'd like to post the URL of the site that you need to access we can perhaps give you some specific help - hopefully!!

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Tim
Scotland

Actually, Hover is a CSS pseudo class, and also sometimes accomplished with javascript, as a hack to support older browsers without the new CSS standards (e.g. IE 6 or lower). I don't have any statistical data, but my experience as a web designer suggests that flash often isn't used with most hover events in menus.

It's a frustrating problem as a developer, and I've been trying to find a solution that won't require javascript. What it really means is that the iPad isn't really fully CSS compliant currently.

Most reactions