What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hotmail Contacts Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindylou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi -- how do I synch my Hotmail contacts to my Hotmail account on Ipad?

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You mean one time or constant sync? Hotmail does not do constant synching of contacts, but Google does (i.e. if you add/edit/delete a contact in either Gmail, iPhone or iPad, the change propagates to all the other devices that are set up to sync contacts).

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would export using an application on your pc or Mac to google hot mail is a serious problem for scammers not to mention not secure from break in
Gmail is easy to use and also syncs with all ipads, iPhones etc

My clients whom have switched to gmail love it.

Col australia

tdprivate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do i export hotmail contacts to ipad?

NONE of these answers in this alleged forum even addressed the question posed by another poster! Is this a real forum or just a place for people to find creative ways to plug gmail??? Let me repeat the question above in case somebody actually knows the answer- HOW can I export contacts from Hotmail to ipad?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HOW can I export contacts from Hotmail to ipad?

First of all, welcome to the forum!

Second of all, here is your answer --

Importing Windows Live Hotmail Contacts to Microsoft Outlook
1) Log into your Windows Live Hotmail account and click the "Contacts" button.
2) Click "Export Contacts" and click "Export Contacts" again. Click "Save" and select a folder to which to save the exported contacts. Select a location such as the desktop to allow you quicker access to the file. Click "Save." The Windows Live Hotmail contacts are exported and saved as a WLMContacts.csv file.
3) Import the Windows Live Hotmail contacts to Microsoft Outlook. To do so, launch Microsoft Outlook and click the "File" button. Click "Import and Export."
4) Click "Import from another program or file" and click "Next." Click "Comma separated values (DOS)" and click "Next."
5) Click "Browse" and select the "WLMContacts.csv" file containing the Windows Live Hotmail contacts. Click "OK" to import it to Microsoft Outlook.
6) Choose the option you want to use to process any duplicate contacts already in your Microsoft Outlook address book. Click "Next" and click "Finish."

Synchronizing Microsoft Outlook Contacts to your iPod
1) Connect your iPod to the computer using the supplied USB cable and launch iTunes if it does not launch automatically. iTunes displays your iPod on the left panel under "Devices."
2) Click your iPod and click the "Info" tab. Click the "Sync contacts with/from" check-box. Select "Outlook."
3) Click "All Contacts" if you want to sync all the Microsoft Outlook contacts. Alternatively, click "Selected groups" and select the imported Windows Live Hotmail contacts you want to sync from Microsoft Outlook. Click "Apply." The Windows Live Hotmail contacts you exported to Microsoft Outlook are synchronized to your iPod.

Now putting on Moderaor's cap....

You might want to consider the manner in which you phrase your posts on this forum!

From our rules --

3. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectively and thoughtfully.

Please take the time to read our rules -- http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Last edited:

samgina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello thanks for the advice I have now managed to export my contacts from hotmail and have saved them on my pc. How do I import my contacts into the contacts file on my iPad 2 please?

Help appreciated

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
This is an old thread and the advice is no longer the best, because you can now setup hotmail as an exchange account on the iPad, which will allow you over the air syncing of your contacts. Search the forum, there are plenty of threads explain how to setup hotmail as exchange on iPad.

EDIT: guide: http://osxdaily.com/2010/08/30/use-hotmail-on-the-iphone/

Last edited:

technobozo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, just got my first ipad and need to know how to transfer contacts from hotmail into the ipad, but I do not use outlook express as Microsoft want to charge me for it. so some help please. So one previous comment won't help me, but clearly iPadcharlie sounds like you know what you are doing. so any help for me? thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is almost 2 1/2 years old, it's doubtful that you'll get a reply. It would be better to start a new thread for your question.

santhu gubba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
This thread is almost 2 1/2 years old, it's doubtful that you'll get a reply. It would be better to start a new thread for your question.

How to activate SIM card in my ipad..

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
santhu gubba said:
How to activate SIM card in my ipad..

You have to contact your cellular data provider to do that, you can't do it by yourself. With some providers, it can be done online.

santhu gubba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
You have to contact your cellular data provider to do that, you can't do it by yourself. With some providers, it can be done online.

It already done..still I can't get calls from others but tower signal can be seen

santhu gubba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPadCharlie said:
First of all, welcome to the forum!

Second of all, here is your answer --

Importing Windows Live Hotmail Contacts to Microsoft Outlook
1) Log into your Windows Live Hotmail account and click the "Contacts" button.
2) Click "Export Contacts" and click "Export Contacts" again. Click "Save" and select a folder to which to save the exported contacts. Select a location such as the desktop to allow you quicker access to the file. Click "Save." The Windows Live Hotmail contacts are exported and saved as a WLMContacts.csv file.
3) Import the Windows Live Hotmail contacts to Microsoft Outlook. To do so, launch Microsoft Outlook and click the "File" button. Click "Import and Export."
4) Click "Import from another program or file" and click "Next." Click "Comma separated values (DOS)" and click "Next."
5) Click "Browse" and select the "WLMContacts.csv" file containing the Windows Live Hotmail contacts. Click "OK" to import it to Microsoft Outlook.
6) Choose the option you want to use to process any duplicate contacts already in your Microsoft Outlook address book. Click "Next" and click "Finish."

Synchronizing Microsoft Outlook Contacts to your iPod
1) Connect your iPod to the computer using the supplied USB cable and launch iTunes if it does not launch automatically. iTunes displays your iPod on the left panel under "Devices."
2) Click your iPod and click the "Info" tab. Click the "Sync contacts with/from" check-box. Select "Outlook."
3) Click "All Contacts" if you want to sync all the Microsoft Outlook contacts. Alternatively, click "Selected groups" and select the imported Windows Live Hotmail contacts you want to sync from Microsoft Outlook. Click "Apply." The Windows Live Hotmail contacts you exported to Microsoft Outlook are synchronized to your iPod.

Now putting on Moderaor's cap....

You might want to consider the manner in which you phrase your posts on this forum!

From our rules --

Please take the time to read our rules -- http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

How to get calls into ipad..tower can be seen but the call are not forwarding to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts