What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Historic emails loading

Richard Hexter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have set my Sky email account to work on my new iPad Air, but it has loaded over 1000 historic emails, going back months! Is this because I do not delete from the server when I delete from the laptop? How do I get the iPad to discard anything but current date please?

OP
Richard Hexter

Richard Hexter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up a reply to a post made in 2011 in this forum,which provided me with the answer - instead of deleting from the server, create a new folder and move them all to that. It worked for me - my iPad inbox is now manageable, with about 10 emails!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
May need to try that. My Verizon email will randomly load hundreds of deleted emails on my ipad.3.

This often happens with POP accounts, which is what Verizon sets up by default. Not only will moving emails to a folder not work, you can't do it on the iPad; which does not offer the ability to create user folders on the iPad.

The reason you can't create use folders for POP on the iPad? Because they would have to be local folders, and would eat up your storage very quickly. IMAP and Exchange accounts create and use folders on the server instead, and only sync the most recent emails to the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts