What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email won't download

Janeybabe71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently change my email password on hotmail website. Ever since then my mail app on my iPad Air won't down load my emails. When I pull down to refresh it says checking for mail then downloading 1 of 117 but they never down load.

I've deleted account and reinstalled. I've powered iPad down. I've done a reset pressing home button and off button. Help!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

When you set up the account, which one of the options available did you use? There's Outlook.com that should be used for Outlook, Hotmail and Windows Live.

Are you able to see and read the emails when you access the account using a browser?

Last edited:
OP
J

Janeybabe71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. It's an old hotmail account. If I go onto outlook.com all the emails are there. I can only access my account on website using safari or Google app.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you use this to set it up for the Mail app?
image.jpg

OP
J

Janeybabe71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no I think I used other. Should I delete and readd as outlook?

OP
J

Janeybabe71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok done that. Now I've lost all emails before 8am this morning! Before it said it was hotmail on the side bar on the left now it say outlook which I've never had before.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok done that. Now I've lost all emails before 8am this morning! Before it said it was hotmail on the side bar on the left now it say outlook which I've never had before.
In Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars: tap the account. On the next page, right above "Delete Account", you'll find "Mail Days to Sync". If it shows 1 Day, tap it and select something different. There are various possibilities, one of them is "No Limit".

OP
J

Janeybabe71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you, thank you! It worked. I'm so happy!

Most reactions