What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiding Apps?

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apparently the "swipe to hide" feature in the app store was removed in some earlier version of iOS. As I manage my grandson's iPad along with my own, there are apps I don't want him to download. (He is some distance away and I can't always be on hand to insure that "restrictions" is turned on, so would simply like to remove the offending items from view.)

After a search, I got the impression that it can be done on a computer via iTunes, but haven't been able to figure out how by experimentation.

Can someone tell me how? Thanks.

P.S. I am running iOS 7.1.2.

OP
Tuttle

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, J.A. I actually found that link, but it doesn't seem to work for me. When I click the x the display changes so that I completely lose perspective. I start with the apps sorted by name. When I click the x and the screen display gets screwed up, I can go to "most recent", then change it back to "by name"---and the app I thought I deleted reappears. Highly confusing!

BTW, thanks for the info about iOS 8. I restored to iOS 7 after initially upgrading to iOS 8 (which, for me, was a disaster!). But the bugs have now apparently been worked out, so I will upgrade again.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome.

Are your iTunes version and the computer up to date?

Most reactions

Latest posts