What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi and help

Paparomeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm having a problem with my iPad when I use FB, videos play automatically without me tapping on them, I've tried everything in the settings but nothing seems to turn them off. Can anyone help thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

I don't know if this will help, if you have an iPad with Wi-Fi only, but you can try:
If you use the FB app, open Settings (the built in app), go to Facebook and select Settings. Then choose "Autoplay videos on Wi-Fi only". There's nothing else you can do, since FB added that feature, afaik.

If you access Facebook through a browser, it's in the website's settings. (Settings - Videos - Autoplay videos - turn off)

Hope that helps.

OP
P

Paparomeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm having a problem with my iPad when I use FB, videos play automatically without me tapping on them, I've tried everything in the settings but nothing seems to turn them off. Can anyone help thanks

Thank you. For your suggestion but doesn't make any difference. It didn't used to do this, so annoying!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. For your suggestion but doesn't make any difference. It didn't used to do this, so annoying!
Autoplaying videos has been added in December, it seems. I couldn't find any other way to disable this on your iPad. Sorry!

sarahzohar88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find this thread after a lot of searching and this is my first visit so, thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Autoplaying videos has been added in December, it seems. I couldn't find any other way to disable this on your iPad. Sorry!

Yes, sadly this is a new FaceBook feature. I have no idea how they decide which videos will auto play. Hopefully it's only the short ones, though I'd prefer they magically figure out which ones I want to play automatically (which be be approximately zero).

Google+ has done the same thing. It's just as annoying as auto playing video and sound tracks on website and should have never even crossed the minds of these jokers. I suspect it's something put in place for their real customers, advertisers.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Would you mind providing more detailed instructions? I couldn't find anything in the app's settings. Haven't dug through the website yet.
That's in my first post in this thread, I suppose (I don't use Facebook).
I've read in several posts that the settings on the website don't have an effect on the app.

Last edited:

nooob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having another problem, can someone please tell me how to download facebook videos to my iPad? I really want to download this video my friend posted...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am having another problem, can someone please tell me how to download facebook videos to my iPad? I really want to download this video my friend posted...

You can't do it natively - you'll need an app to do this. One app I found (in a brief AppStore search) is "Video Downloader for Facebook - Save Videos" (&.99, USD). The description reads that you can save videos to your iPad though I've never tried it.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Youssry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello ,
Try to reset all settings in your Ipad

Settings > General > reset all settings

Then click Reset .

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts