What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 email helpppp

Lanas19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In setting on my iPad & iPhone everything automatically turned on, except for mail & notes. When I turn on mail it says create a me.com account I hit create I then enter my apple ID and I get this message PROBLEM TURNING ON MAIL TRY AGAIN LATER. THIS IS BEEN HAPPENING SINCE I DID THE UPDATE WHICH WAS THE 2nd day after it was released. Anyone have any help for fixing this???? Sorry to let it out on u....I don't mean to, its just that I'm at the end of my rope...This is insanity....Thanks for listening :)

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's what Apple recommends IF you don't already have an @me account:

iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
  1. When you first set up your iOS 5 device, enter the Apple ID you use for iTunes in the setup screens. It will be used for store purchases and iCloud.
  2. If you skipped the setup process, enter your Apple ID in Settings > iCloud and Settings > Store.
Mac: Enter the same Apple ID in Apple () menu > System Preferences > iCloud and in 
iTunes > iTunes Store.
PC: Enter the same Apple ID in Control Panel > Network and Internet > iCloud and in iTunes > iTunes Store.

More here:

Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

I already had a MobileMe account so I just used that, but it sounds like you're doing the right thing. I wouldn't think that the Apple servers are overloaded at this point.

If you're following the directions I can't say why it isn't working. Perhaps some others will chime in. If not, I'd contact Apple. They have first-class customer assistance and should be able to get things sorted out.

Apple - Support - iPad - Contact Support

Apple - Support - Contact Support

Contacting Apple for support and service

OP
Lanas19

Lanas19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried all of the things u said. I've been doing that for days. I don't get it. iCloud set up everything, except Mail & Notes. I am using my Apple ID. I've gone into setting to make sure all is correct. Just tried again and the same message appears...WAY TO MANY KINKS THAT WEREN'T WORKED OUT B4 RELEASING. I know sooooo many people having all sorts of issues. The fact is it has send us back, I'm getting tired of trying to get everything set right and so is everyone else I know. It's just not happening on my iPad 2 it's the same thing on my iPhone 4. Getting feed up if you can understand that. We pay top dollar for APPLES PRODUCT. I have owned every IPhone, I have the iPad 2 and the IPod classic. And to boot on the iPad there's no adobe flash...Big Mistake for Apple. And my daughters have iPhones .Starting to wonder if it's worth the price.

Sent from my iPad using iPF ***Lana***

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried all of the things u said. I've been doing that for days. I don't get it. iCloud set up everything, except Mail & Notes. I am using my Apple ID. I've gone into setting to make sure all is correct. Just tried again and the same message appears...WAY TO MANY KINKS THAT WEREN'T WORKED OUT B4 RELEASING. I know sooooo many people having all sorts of issues. The fact is it has send us back, I'm getting tired of trying to get everything set right and so is everyone else I know. It's just not happening on my iPad 2 it's the same thing on my iPhone 4. Getting feed up if you can understand that. We pay top dollar for APPLES PRODUCT. I have owned every IPhone, I have the iPad 2 and the IPod classic. And to boot on the iPad there's no adobe flash...Big Mistake for Apple. And my daughters have iPhones .Starting to wonder if it's worth the price.

Sent from my iPad using iPF ***Lana***
I can understand your frustration, but to be fair the number of folks having issues is small by comparison to those that upgraded successfully. Apple pushed 25,000,000 (yes million) iOS 5 upgrades last Saturday and Sunday alone. That said, if you have an issue none of that matters.

I had a similar experience with our Apple TV2. I must have tried three dozen times to get logged in using our Apple ID. It turned out that there was one character in the password causing the problem. I was mistaking a capital "I" for a lower-case "L". Ugh. I know how frustrating it can be. Not saying that's the case for you, but I get the disappointment and exasperation.

That said, Apple's customer care is second to none so I'd still advise giving them a call or stopping by an Apple store and see if they can't sort things out. My bet is that they can.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help though. FWIW iCloud is working very well on all of our Macs, iPad and iPhone, so the good news is that it does work!

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts