What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all. New member with a question

jezcullen099999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone. im jez from NZ i have an ipad4 running 6.1.2 Jailbroken and loving it. just upgraded to the 64gb version though and it came with 6.1.3. im trying to jailbreak this using p0sixspwn but it keeps crashing nomatter what i do to try and fix it. so i thought i would try to update to 7.0.6 and use another method.
my question is and i think i might have answered it through the power of google but i have downloaded the firmware for my version of ipad but i keep on getting error 3194. am i right in thinking itunes will only let me update to the current firmware 7.1.1 or is there a way round this i have tried editing the host file but there is no gs.apple. blah blah in there also i have tried different versions of itunes from 10.7 up to latest.

thanks in advance and sorry if this is in the wrong place

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can only upgrade to the latest iOS version, in this case, iOS 7.1.1. There is no way to upgrade to any other version. The 3194 error code is usually the result of trying to install an iOS version no longer being signed by Apple.

Welcome to the iPad forums, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 313,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum.
We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app. http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html
We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

OP
J

jezcullen099999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for your reply. i was starting to think that was the case. could you tell me does the p0sxpwn work on ipad 4 or is it just for iphones as im having trouble with that.

OP
J

jezcullen099999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i bought an ipad 4 with 6.1.3 and ive been trying to jailbreak using p0sixspwn but it

like the title says i got this ipad on 6.1.3 when using the most current version of p0sixspwn it crashes on startup but if i use an older version it getts to the reboot but doesnt reboot if i power off then power on it says performing magic but hen crashes afetr maybe ten seconds.
i have tried this on two pc's. one on windows 7 64-bit the other on windows 8 64-bit. i have also tried installing older versions of itunes with no luck. i really want to jailbreak this any ideas?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
like the title says i got this ipad on 6.1.3 when using the most current version of p0sixspwn it crashes on startup but if i use an older version it getts to the reboot but doesnt reboot if i power off then power on it says performing magic but hen crashes afetr maybe ten seconds. i have tried this on two pc's. one on windows 7 64-bit the other on windows 8 64-bit. i have also tried installing older versions of itunes with no luck. i really want to jailbreak this any ideas?

Hi Jez and welcome to the Forum!

As you had already opened a thread on the issue you are having, I have merged this post to that thread as we like to keep all info together....I have then moved it to our Hacking Forum where the good folk there are better able to help you.

Please keep all further info on this issue to this thread only....

Good luck with your issue!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
like the title says i got this ipad on 6.1.3 when using the most current version of p0sixspwn it crashes on startup but if i use an older version it getts to the reboot but doesnt reboot if i power off then power on it says performing magic but hen crashes afetr maybe ten seconds.
i have tried this on two pc's. one on windows 7 64-bit the other on windows 8 64-bit. i have also tried installing older versions of itunes with no luck. i really want to jailbreak this any ideas?

Unfortunately, the things you tried (used different computer and/or different iTunes versions) are the only suggestions I have for you. All I can suggest is to keep reading around the web to see if others have found a solution.

Sorry, but I've got nothing. :(

Marilyn

OP
J

jezcullen099999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I might try one more PC I have an old windows XP machine down on the farm ill try that one.

(Update) it worked i tried it on a machine running windows Xp that we only use for word and excell. so there must be something installed on my other 2 pc's that was interfering with it. i would love to know what it was.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts