What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hey just had a quick question about my ipad OS

ebs75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey everybody,
i just had a quick question on the OS of my ipad... i was on 4.3.3 and im pretty sure someone might have jailbroken it when i wasn't around...

i was told by apple that if i wasn't able to upgrade from 4.3.3 to 4.3.5, i'd get an error code 1015 and it would prove it was jailbroken..

however, i did the update and successfully went to 4.3.5 ... does this mean, my ipad was never jailbroken?? and im safe from anybody hacking in?

sorry if im a dumbass, im really new to this... :)

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are at 4.3.5 then you don't need to worry about anything that happened at 4.3.3 although a bit concerning that you think someone JB'ed your iPad.......maybe you need some new friends?

The Archangel

iBenji

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are on 4.3.5 then you are not jailbroken. You will be fine to bring it to apple or whatever you need to. There should be no signs of the jailbreak left other than if something was moded that stuck around after the jailbreak (highly unlikely)

CyberPrince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are on 4.3.5 then you are not jailbroken. You will be fine to bring it to apple or whatever you need to. There should be no signs of the jailbreak left other than if something was moded that stuck around after the jailbreak (highly unlikely)

Agreed!

I also using ipad 2 4.3.5 jailbreak doesn't support! :( do u know New iOS 5 is coming soon i hope they will support :D..
Can't waiting <3...

OP
E

ebs75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks guys
someone hacked my friends WEP router that my ipad was on...

they got into my amazon,
at first i thought it was my ipad,
but they could get that info from just the router right?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
ebs75 said:
thanks guys

they got into my amazon,

Hmmm, pretty strange as even if someone hacked the router and sniffed packets, they would have to decrypt the communication assuming that your session with Amazon was over HTTPS... To my knowledge, getting into an iPad remotly is impossible (beside having a JB iPad with OpenSSH using root/alpine). So the only way someone could get your credentials over the network would be by sniffing packets. But as I said, that communication should be secured over HTTPS, making it harder to exploit. It's not impossible, but highly improbable...

I would consider alternative scenarios:

1- your friend got a glimpe at your password while typing and cannot admit what he did
2- you've been hacked in your Amazon accounts because you are using the same user/password everywhere and that password got found from another source
3- you were logged in and your friend pulled a prank on you using your still valid session on your iPad
4- you have memory loss and forgot ordering that thing ;)

But I highly doubt that someone got into the router, spotted your iPad and hacked his way into your Amazon account...

VicoPad addict!

OP
E

ebs75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ebs75 said:
thanks guys

they got into my amazon,

Hmmm, pretty strange as even if someone hacked the router and sniffed packets, they would have to decrypt the communication assuming that your session with Amazon was over HTTPS... To my knowledge, getting into an iPad remotly is impossible (beside having a JB iPad with OpenSSH using root/alpine). So the only way someone could get your credentials over the network would be by sniffing packets. But as I said, that communication should be secured over HTTPS, making it harder to exploit. It's not impossible, but highly improbable...

I would consider alternative scenarios:

1- your friend got a glimpe at your password while typing and cannot admit what he did
2- you've been hacked in your Amazon accounts because you are using the same user/password everywhere and that password got found from another source
3- you were logged in and your friend pulled a prank on you using your still valid session on your iPad
4- you have memory loss and forgot ordering that thing ;)

But I highly doubt that someone got into the router, spotted your iPad and hacked his way into your Amazon account...

VicoPad addict!

haha, thanks man :)

its reassuring to know that now im on my new home WPA2 hidden SSID network, that it wasnt my ipad...

amazon was kind of enabled, though -- it had 1-Click purchasing on, so whoever did it, didnt need my password... is that still possible to do from the Comcast router that was only WEP protected??

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
ebs75 said:
haha, thanks man :)

its reassuring to know that now im on my new home WPA2 hidden SSID network, that it wasnt my ipad...

amazon was kind of enabled, though -- it had 1-Click purchasing on, so whoever did it, didnt need my password... is that still possible to do from the Comcast router that was only WEP protected??

No, it would imply a remote access to the ipad, which is not possible...

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts