What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about using iPad in my car ?

mstiny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got an iPad 1 and I have no sim in it yet as I have broadband in the house for my Internet. I was wondering how do I get Internet access when I am travelling in the car going to Manchester next week I have an htc sensation phone can I use the sim. Out of that or what do you suggest I do I don't think htc sensation xl can sync with iPad but hey I maybe talking rubbish here please can I have a quick response :eek:

OP
mstiny

mstiny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EvilMonkey said:
Not sure if your carrier has the hotspot functionality locked out on your phone, but if not you can set your sensation up as a hotspot and then connect the iPad to it: Android AdvicesHow to Tether HTC Sensation as a WiFi Hotspot

Hi thanks for good answer now would that cost extra money or would that just use normal wifi hotspot usage of my allowance off my Phone I wonder ....not tried it yet lol just incase don't want huge bill .does my Bluetooth need to be on when I do this ? Thanks val

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tethering depends on your carrier. You would have to check with them for an answer. Sometimes it can just be better to get a sim for what you need on the iPad if they charge too much for tethering.

OP
mstiny

mstiny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
Tethering depends on your carrier. You would have to check with them for an answer. Sometimes it can just be better to get a sim for what you need on the iPad if they charge too much for tethering.

Ok so do you think my mobile company will give me another sim from same moby account then running with the same mobile number ?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no idea what UK carriers offer, or are required to do. In the States, general practice is to charge $20 (12.4 GBP) to allow tethering, and charge a monthly fee of $30 for a 2-3 Gb usage plan. If I remember right, some UK carriers even offer a day plan for usage, and some plans are by Gb, no matter what the time frame. That is why I suggest talking with your wireless carrier.

Callander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was told by a '3' store, that they would disconnect my phone if they detected my using my iPhone sim card in the iPad.
I successfully paired my iPad 2 to the iPhone via Bluetooth. Worked perfectly.

OP
mstiny

mstiny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Callander said:
I was told by a '3' store, that they would disconnect my phone if they detected my using my iPhone sim card in the iPad.
I successfully paired my iPad 2 to the iPhone via Bluetooth. Worked perfectly.

I tried it but sadly mine didn't work but then again I only have iPad 1 :(( I will try again syncing them but I don't think it will work .

Most reactions

Latest posts