What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few questions about my iPad 2

Rich246

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad 2 for a little while and I am Jailbroken on 4.3.3.

I have a few question to ask you guys :)

1) Can the "Picture Frame" on the lockscreen be removed without having a passcode on
2) Is it possible to enable tabs in Safari without upgrading to iOS 5?
3) I am unable to find the files that allow the folder icons to be changed

Any help with any of these would be appreciated

-Rich :)

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
I can't answer your third question but the first two are a no unfortunatly. Not using stock iOS at any rate. There may be a way as you are using JB.

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

OP
Rich246

Rich246

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
I can't answer your third question but the first two are a no unfortunatly. Not using stock iOS at any rate. There may be a way as you are using JB.

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

Thanks for the help :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. Welcome to the forum. Good to "see" you and hope you enjoy your visit(s).

I've had my iPad 2 for a little while and I am Jailbroken on 4.3.3.

I have a few question to ask you guys :)

1) Can the "Picture Frame" on the lockscreen be removed without having a passcode on

Sure can - on a jail broken iPad, as yours is. Not to toot my own horn :)D), but here's a link to the process I wrote to get rid of that pesky little flower icon: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...7894-how-hide-lock-screen-slideshow-icon.html

Very simple process - but, if not, ask for clarification if you need it...

2) Is it possible to enable tabs in Safari without upgrading to iOS 5?

Unfortunately, no. Safari got tabs with iOS 5 and no one ever tried to tweak the lower firmware versions to make tabs. Sorry. But, relatively inexpensive web browsers such as Atomic Web Browser and iCab Mobile have tabs. Plus, you can download a tweak from Cydia called Browser Changer that will allow you to set many browsers as default. For example, I have Atomic Web as my default, so whenever the web browser is called, that opens instead of Safari. The main reason I use that browser and tweak IS for the tabs, so maybe that'll do for you...?

3) I am unable to find the files that allow the folder icons to be changed

I don't quite understand what you mean by this? You mean, add a theme from Cydia to change the appearance of the folders? Build your own folders? IOW, you'll have to be a bit more specific with this question.

Oh, and I've moved your thread over to the Hacking section, since you have a jail broke iPad. Maybe someone over there can chime in about your Safari/tabs and folders questions.

Marilyn

OP
Rich246

Rich246

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the support.

I want to change the actual folder icon as in the icon I click to open the folder to view the items in it. I hope that makes sense

214540.image0.jpg

Those icons are what I mean.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All I can suggest is to browse the themes for the iPad in Cydia and see if you like how the developer designed the folders. In addition, we have a themes sub-forum here in the Hacking section have over viewed some of the themes they've gotten/used.

Have a look at those two areas and see which one(s) you like. Then, it's a simple matter of getting the theme and installing it on your iPad.

Good luck in your search.

Marilyn

Most reactions