What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey all you smarties,

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I need your help. For some reason ( connected or not i don't know, my home button stopped working. There are times I have to shut down and restart just to get a reaction. My worst problem is not being able to shut down my apps before I go to sleep and get my batteries backed up! Does anyone have any insight as to how i might solve this problem. ( i know I read a post where someone was having trouble with their home button but can't find it ) thanks, squib

Peace begins with a smile. :)
M Teresa
Sent from iPAD 2 using tapatalkq

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It might be that your home button may be wearing out from prolong use. See if a restore works to rule out a possible software issue.

Sent from my iPad Mini

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps this is the thread you saw earlier: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/114078-home-button.html

To use the button not too often in future:
To close apps: pinch to close (put all five fingers on the screen and slide them together). Not only does this close apps, it's also fun. :)
Instead of double tapping the Home button to reveal the multitask bar: do a four or five finger swipe upwards on the screen.

Last edited:
OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, buddy! Unfortunately it doesn't always show me which apps are still open!, solution, please! ;)

M Teresa

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Perform a four or five finger swipe upwards on the screen to reveal the multitask bar, then you'll see the open apps. Slide one of the thumbnails (pictures above the app icons) towards the top of the screen. This way you close apps.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
AND if ALL else fails, pull up towards the top of the screen ( i usually have to lay my ipad flat for this to work) pull up from just above the "settings etc" bar with 4-5 fingers and all the apps you have open will be there.
If this sounds confusing ask me again. I have the flu and brain is not working either! ;)

M Teresa

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Swipe up, then it will look like this:

image-2705200258.jpg

Then you touch the picture of the app with the posts in them and drag this to the top of the screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts