What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hesitant first Apple steps after years of skepticism

LimeyDi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do indeed love my iPad2 after seeing how much my friends Laura and Jen love their iPads. I am keeping an open mind - having, as a committed PC user, observed the smugness of Apple users over the years and heard all the stories about the superiority of Apple products. There are a few roadblocks ... I posted a new thread because despite every effort and search i still have not found out WHY some of my folders and apps stay stubbornly stuck on an unwanted 3rd screen to the right ... but I do love the amazing video and sound quality, in fact thanks to my new iPad2 I got hooked on GLEE which I didn't see on TV. Is that a good thing? Well, relatively harmless, I'd say. I'm enjoying the exploration. I hope other users will share recommendations for must-have apps that make life more informative and fun. My fave today is Glympse ... yes I have led a sheltered life; never heard of it before. And I am glad i resisted the famous colorful cover in favor of the smart and practical Logitech keypad cover. See you here soon!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Limeydi, for moving the apps, have you tried touching and holding one until they all start to wiggle, then drag them to a different screen. If you are struggling to drag them across screens then drag into the dock at the bottom, swipe to the screen you want them on then drag them back out of the dock. Pressing the home button will stop them wiggling.

The Archangel

Reaction score
An Ipad is Apple for the rest of us :)
I am assuming the stuff you are trying to move is on your home screen? If so it takes practice to get them where you want but basically once you get the icon to start moving slow down when nearing the edge of the screen and allow the screen to "sort of catch up" to the action.
A far as must have apps that is going to depend on your usage but I'd like to suggest xsysinfo to keep your ipad running more smoothly. It is a memory cleaner app but does a lot more.
Welcome to the forum from am Apple, Android and PC user.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stats indicate that about half of iPad owners run Windows.

I don't know about Apple owners' smugness. I've never encountered such, but then I don't care what OS anyone else uses, lol. Windows has always worked for me and I don't plan to buy any Macs, but I love how all iOS devices work well together.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
L

LimeyDi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks, Gabriel1 and MountainbikerMark, for your very helpful hints and comments. I used both - loved the drop into dock hint, and also need to slow down when trying to move jiggling icons. Now ALL my app icons are neatly stored on one home page. The folders are pretty BORING in appearance ... hmm ... wonder if there's a way to make them look niftier, like: instead of the folder icon, a big dolalar sign to identify my "biz" folder and a photo of Placido Domingo on my "Entertainment" folder?

Reaction score
I think the only way to do that is get into the root system by jail break.
You might find more info in the jail break section

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Most reactions

Latest posts