What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time Apple product owner, new to ios. Please help me on this:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure your box is greyed out because you are not able to edit your hosts file on Windows. This is normally a permissions error either because you are not running TU as an administrator or because your hosts file is protected by the operating system (I think Vista was the worst offender for doing this).

HOWEVER, you don't want that option set anyway. It is a bad idea these days to keep your hosts pointing at Cydia. It saves a lot of headaches if you leave that option alone so that you are pointing to Apple. If an when you need to use your blobs in the future, you do so using TinyUmbrella. Just save them for now. Worry about using them in the future when you have to!

dessipation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is kind of funny to me, trying to make a device secure with another device that may or may not be secure. Maybe I am just paranoid, but isn't it possible to capture every data transmission and decipher it if you have the right hardware and software?

I think that if you are jail breaking for the features that are not available unbroken, then go ahead. But if you are jail breaking for security, then good luck finding a secure computer to do it with; assuming your device can actually be securable, that is.

maybe I am just paranoid...

Most reactions