What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***Heroes Blade on iPad - Forum Contest Give-away***

cro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm a developer for a new ipad RPG-style strategy card game called Heroes Blade! We are running this promotion to help get the word out on our game and we hope that you guys check it out and tell us what you think about our very unique game.
biggrin.gif

So here are the rules!

I will be giving away 4 promo codes on the ipadforums.net forum.

This is how you can win...

I will give away a free promo code to the person that posts on #'s 45 and 95. THE CATCH IS, there must be at least ***4*** other people in between your previous post and the winning post.

If you think that you will be "giving up" your chance by posting within 4 places before the winning #'s, you wont!!! because I will also be giving away another 2 promo codes to a random person that posts within 4 places of each winning #!!! ;D (if you don't understand what i mean, you will also be able to win a promo code if your reply lands on post #44, 43, 42 or 41 AND post # 94, 93, 92, or 91.) If you have any questions or comments post away! every post counts and gets us closer to those winning posts!!! XD

***Disclaimer - this contest will become null and void if the administration of ipadforums.net deems it to be so. the creators of Heroes Blade and the administration of ipadforums.net cannot be responsible for any lost or destroyed emails and/or information within those emails pertaining to this contest. all general and specific forum rules still apply to this contest thread and it may be halted or discontinued if the forum administration sees fit. thank you and good luck!!!***

Attachments

• thumbs_1.jpg
    thumbs_1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 411

Talysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dev posting

Am I the only poster?

I like the game...however two problems:
1. Should be able to get one mana each round, since computer always gets at least one.
2. Game occasionally locks, you can see cards, but cannot play. Have only found one solution (not good but works) which is to log out and back in... Game resumes and cards can now be played. Periodically, one minion will no longer be on board.

Wish list:
Be able to see how many cards are in play (# of cards for all players)

Talysin

OP
C

cro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Talysin!

Am I the only poster?

I like the game...however two problems:
1. Should be able to get one mana each round, since computer always gets at least one.
2. Game occasionally locks, you can see cards, but cannot play. Have only found one solution (not good but works) which is to log out and back in... Game resumes and cards can now be played. Periodically, one minion will no longer be on board.

Wish list:
Be able to see how many cards are in play (# of cards for all players)

Talysin

I guess so! apparently no one wants to play. :p but to answer your questions.
1 - the computer draws cards just like each player. :) they can only play what they draw!
2 - if you are having bug issues, please go to the website (heroesblade.com) and contact us about them! we just need to know some basic information like; What platform are you playing on (iphone3 or 4, ipad or ipod touch) and what exactly is happening. (like what card or cards are causing the problems, etc.) :D

Talysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heroes Blade gameplay

I guess so! apparently no one wants to play. :p but to answer your questions.
1 - the computer draws cards just like each player. :) they can only play what they draw!
2 - if you are having bug issues, please go to the website (heroesblade.com) and contact us about them! we just need to know some basic information like; What platform are you playing on (iphone3 or 4, ipad or ipod touch) and what exactly is happening. (like what card or cards are causing the problems, etc.) :D

Hmmm, ok I will start tracking the issues. There seems to be a decided advantage to the computer, but I will keep a log.

I am playing on iPad, and after losing (quite) a few rounds, learning the skills, and figuring out about upgrades, find I am enjoying the game. I am only on the second level boss, so will see how long the game keeps my interest.

Thanks for responding...and I hope more people begin to play!

Nremondelli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, here is a review I did for my blog...

Confession. I was never a big Magic the Gathering fan, even though I worked at a game store in the 90’s when the wildly popular collectable card game was taking off. I was always amazed at how kids would come in and feverishly spend hundreds of their hard-earned dollars on cards and then battle them away.

I was always intrigued by the concept, I just wasn’t into the whole collectable card thing. To this day, I am still fascinated by the whole collectable card game concept but haven’t been able to find the desire to actually get involved. Until now. Heroes Blade is a collectable card game, minus the physical, tangible cards to hold. Maybe it is because it is on my iPad (it’s now available on iPhones, too) but I am now a CCG convert; it is pretty addictive.

You begin the game with some coins to spend and earn more throughout your victories. Your coins allow you to buy spell cards ranging from minions to fireballs. You can also buy traits, which can provide you with a tactical advantage in combat. Once you spend your money, you assemble your deck to take into combat. One nice touch is the ability to assemble multiple decks for switching up strategies. And strategy is important. There are 7 levels to play through, each one providing three ‘underlings’ ranging in difficulty. I found that even defeating the first level took some trial and error and card management in order to come up with a workable strategy. Speaking of strategy, there is still some randomness to the battles. This may turn off some people; however, it did not affect my enjoyment of the game. In fact, I find it provides a slightly organic feel to the game.

The artwork is beautifully rendered and the colors are vibrant and rich, especially the cards themselves. This is something that can make or break a game of this type, and I am happy to report that the developers got it right. They cards have a nice realistic fantasy look to them. Some have complained about the cartoonishness of the battlefield, but I am not bothered by this. With that being said, it would be nice if there were a little bit of variety to the battlefields. Finally, one small gripe is that some cards have detailed information when you tap them and place them on the battlefield, while some do not. It would be nice if there were some level of consistency here.

Is it perfect? No. More cards are needed and difficulty may need to be further tweaked for some players. The development team is already hard at work on expanding the game and seem genuinely committed to making this the best CCG in the App store. If you are looking for a great CCG with RPG elements then look no further than Heroes Blade.

OP
C

cro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really??? This is easy! and its for FREE Promo Codes!!!

All you have to do is say "hey" or "this game looks awesome!" or it doesn't even have to be relevant to the game, like "i have this crazy rash and i need a doctor!"

:D

Talysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tag

OK - someone else's turn.

Me, I have been busy trying to see if I can find the bug...

"-There seems to be a somewhat rare randomly occurring glitch that causes 2 cards to be played instead of one (double mana when casting mana card for instance). We are offering a reward of 5 free promo codes for your friends (iphone or ipad) to the FIRST person who figures out a way to reproduce the bug (We will also be very grateful and will hook you up if we make more games, and or expansions for HB). (Eg: Play X, Y, Z cards in such an order or in one round and it will happen in the next round) This is just an example, but anything that is guaranteed to trigger this behavior. All your help is much appreciated, you can be sure we are working as hard as we can to fix this." Heroes Blade
:)

damian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not bad... kind of like CLASH

cool game. It definitely reminds me of CLASH : Rise of Heroes (on Facebook).... which is my favorite game of all time. I think this game also has tons of potential as well and since CLASH is not yet on the iPad, this will do. :)

Rakuen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woot! Glad I found this thread! I'm installing the lite version as we speak to give it a whirl! Always been a fan of CCG's and RPG's. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts