What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Strategy Card Game - Heroes Blade

OP
C

cro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The price of Heroes Blade ipad will be going up to 3.99 within the next few days!!!

If you are looking at the game and trying to decide if you want to give it a try there is a free Lite version now available. but the main game will be going up 1$ US in the istore within days. Just a fair warning if you want to get the game cheap. ;)

Badera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Card Question

Hi, I am new this type of game but I am totally addicted now. I am still learning and even after researching the website, and tutorials I still have a few unanswered questions about the deck management. I would just like to know first of all how many cards are you allowed to play in one game? Can you play everyone that you own or how does that work? I know you can disable the cards under the deck option but how many cards are you able to own and play at the same time? That's the only real confusing part. Any insight would be appreciated. I look forward to some fun updates with this game, great job!

OP
C

cro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Badera! Hope this helps. ;D

Hi, I am new this type of game but I am totally addicted now. I am still learning and even after researching the website, and tutorials I still have a few unanswered questions about the deck management. I would just like to know first of all how many cards are you allowed to play in one game? Can you play everyone that you own or how does that work? I know you can disable the cards under the deck option but how many cards are you able to own and play at the same time? That's the only real confusing part. Any insight would be appreciated. I look forward to some fun updates with this game, great job!

First off, thanks for giving our game a try! I'm really happy that you like it! :D Now on to your questions...

"I would just like to know first of all how many cards are you allowed to play in one game?"
- you can play as many cards as you have in your deck. (providing that you survive that long! lol)

"Can you play everyone that you own or how does that work?"
- You can play any number of cards, but its much easier to play about 50-60 cards and make sure that you have a good 2/1 ratio of regular cards (spells and minions) to mana cards. :D for example, if you have 10 Red minions cards, you will want to have roughly 5 Red Mana cards.

"I know you can disable the cards under the deck option but how many cards are you able to own and play at the same time?"
- You can own up to 3 copies of all 120 cards and you can even play with them all in your deck, but you would NOT want to do that. It's much easier to try and play with only 2 colors of cards and try to keep to that 50-60 card max.

The most reliable deck of cards is 1-2 colors and sticks to the 2/1 spell card/mana card ratio. If you are playing with a lot of cards that cost more than 4 mana, you may want to raise the number of mana cards in your deck by a few, but as you play the game you will get a better feel for how many mana cards will need for your deck. :) I hope this helps! If you have any other questions feel free 2 give me a shout on here! :D :D :D God bless!!!

tamashii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here is a bug for you. have 2-3 second level Wrath. place 1 or 2 onto the field and use the black spell that does 1 damage to all minion and cast another one after. your black mana pool will go into negative.

tamashii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also like to note that some of the card that are not available to buy (so far), - Gnome smith, Golem and Rift. Cant seem to buy them in any of the profile or are you not suppose to be able to?

Suggestion :
AI could be approve - most of the time AI just use whatever spell/minion that they have enough mana to use and placing them from the bottom line upward.

Battle can either be a long battle or short battle, is it possible to buff minion health a little to make the battle more exciting?

once put down max units of 6 mana just sit around wasted, how about introducing interrupt/counter spell/ability.

and as jason mention before upgrade card with ability making it unique for different job and strategy. making the game more enjoyable and replayable.

There are time where my defence is 3-4times the amount of enemy attack point and my minion still taking damage? is there piercing damage of some sort or what?

tamashii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, have never seen AI use their casting ability. like buffing up defence or dragon using their fireball.

Badera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank You

Cro, thank you for the help, you explained everything I needed to know. This game kicks ass once you really understand the different strategies. I can't put it down.

OP
C

cro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello tamashii. :)

"Also like to note that some of the card that are not available to buy (so far), - Gnome smith, Golem and Rift. Cant seem to buy them in any of the profile or are you not suppose to be able to?"

- The only problems that have been reported to me about certain cards not being in a particular profile have been about the Blue Orb profile? if you're having trouble with either of the other 2 profiles/orbs please let me know! But the cards that are available in the card shop after each battle are reset after each victory.

"Suggestion :
AI could be approve - most of the time AI just use whatever spell/minion that they have enough mana to use and placing them from the bottom line upward. Battle can either be a long battle or short battle, is it possible to buff minion health a little to make the battle more exciting?"

- were working on getting the AI to do a little more, but AI is not easy to do.

"once put down max units of 6 mana just sit around wasted, how about introducing interrupt/counter spell/ability."

- the game's battle engine isn't set up to do "interrupt" spells or abilities. mainly b/c it's almost impossible to code AI that can interpret when and where to use interrupt spells and abilities.

"and as jason mention before upgrade card with ability making it unique for different job and strategy. making the game more enjoyable and replayable."

- i'm not sure i follow the question here??

"There are time where my defence is 3-4times the amount of enemy attack point and my minion still taking damage? is there piercing damage of some sort or what? "

- you can see how the damage is calculated on this site - :D Damage calculation / No retreating – explained. : Heroes Blade

"here is a bug for you. have 2-3 second level Wrath. place 1 or 2 onto the field and use the black spell that does 1 damage to all minion and cast another one after. your black mana pool will go into negative."

- That bug is a little crazy. I've not seen it before, but i'll get it to my partner and we'll get it taken care of. :D

Hope this helps!! If you have any other questions or comments please let me know. Thanks again for checking out our game. :D

tamashii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi cro and thanks for the reply

I have played all 3 profiles none of them I was able to buy gnome, golem or rift. Can only use them in duel thats about it

- the game's battle engine isn't set up to do "interrupt" spells or abilities. mainly b/c it's almost impossible to code AI that can interpret when and where to use interrupt spells and abilities.

If you were to categorize the card into spell, summon and energy type, and define interrupt card to target these specific card only. These card can only be active during enemy turn. haha sound easy but pulling it off probably as wont be that easy

instead of upgrades have something like "training" you can either train for more damage, defence, health, reduce casting costs and add ability. you can also make that only certain race or creature type can only be train in specific attribute/ability

Would it be possible to have energy destroyer card (permanently) or ability to drain enemy energy for you to use. This would definitely add more strategy to game play also.

Badera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Landscape

I forgot to mention above........is it possible to change the landscape? It would be nice to play on my desk or on a tray on an airplane but you can't because the landscape does not move with the iPad. It is set one way only. Just something to think about for the next update. My arm gets tired holding the iPad after a while!:D

OP
C

cro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi cro and thanks for the reply

I have played all 3 profiles none of them I was able to buy gnome, golem or rift. Can only use them in duel thats about it

If you were to categorize the card into spell, summon and energy type, and define interrupt card to target these specific card only. These card can only be active during enemy turn. haha sound easy but pulling it off probably as wont be that easy

instead of upgrades have something like "training" you can either train for more damage, defence, health, reduce casting costs and add ability. you can also make that only certain race or creature type can only be train in specific attribute/ability

Would it be possible to have energy destroyer card (permanently) or ability to drain enemy energy for you to use. This would definitely add more strategy to game play also.

Hello again, tamashii. there are a few mana/energy disruption cards already in the game, but we have a few more mana disruption cards in the works in coming card expansions.

You cannot imagine how hard it is to code good AI. If we were to code EVERY instance on 120 different cards for the OTHER 120 cards do you know how long that would take us? the year 2714. that's how long. lol. You have to manually enter every single instance into the db... now you see why MTG(R) has not done anything like this. lol. what do they have like 5billion cards now? our sun would burn out before they could get all of the individual instances coded. :D

The training idea is a good one, unfortunately our database isn't set up that way and for us to do that we would have to completely recode it from scratch. For your issue with the missing cards, i don't know what to tell you?? that's just strange. some players are having issues with the Blue Orb profile, but i've not heard anything else about missing cards! :confused: i'll talk to my partner about that and see if its something on our end or a weird glitch just on your ipad. :p

OP
C

cro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
landscapes

I forgot to mention above........is it possible to change the landscape? It would be nice to play on my desk or on a tray on an airplane but you can't because the landscape does not move with the iPad. It is set one way only. Just something to think about for the next update. My arm gets tired holding the iPad after a while!:D

I don't believe you can change the landscape. :\ i'll talk to my partner about it. check the website for updates about this.

tamashii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot imagine how hard it is to code good AI. If we were to code EVERY instance on 120 different cards for the OTHER 120 cards do you know how long that would take us? the year 2714. that's how long. lol. You have to manually enter every single instance into the db... now you see why MTG(R) has not done anything like this. lol. what do they have like 5billion cards now? our sun would burn out before they could get all of the individual instances coded. :D

Lol if it take that long please get started and I will freeze myself until the time come haha.

anyway guess i will just have to play without those cards, rift could would do nicely on my deck.

thanks for the reply.

OP
C

cro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
still trying 2 figure out why they're not there

Lol if it take that long please get started and I will freeze myself until the time come haha.

anyway guess i will just have to play without those cards, rift could would do nicely on my deck.

thanks for the reply.

I'll get back with you as soon as i figure out what's going on with them. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts