What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's why iPad internet surfing suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEXX911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If people think surfing the internet is superior to a netbook. They either just use it for basic surfing. So here why it suck. I bought this particular to use it for surfing the web and so far it's a bit disappointed.

1. Safari
2. No FLASH!!!
3. 50% you will accidentally will click on a link...that lead to
3. reload/refresh of a webpage everytime you hit the back button. Really really annoying. That's why I like the Opera Mini on the iPhone because it cache the webpage properly and when you push the back button you won't have to reload.
4. No stop button to kill reload/refresh of a webpage. Actually there is but it's the stupid tiny x in your address bar. Another thing is that Opera Mini have a stop option
5. Not able to select text and do a google search, youtube search or wiki search ect...another thing is that there's no Ctrl F to do a FIND for a word(s) on the strip down basic Safari.
6. No multitask make getting out of Safari is annoying
7. Virtual keyboard. Why can't they change the keyboard layout to someting like this?
keyboard.png

Better than the netbook for surfing the internet? I don't think so.

Rating for internet surfing experience:
Desktop 5/5
Netbook/laptop 4-4.5/5
iPad 2.5/5
iPhone(Safari) 1/5

That's my $0.02

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is basic surfing? Is there an advanced level of surfing...this is a fan site, these annoying comments aren't needed.

OP
L

LEXX911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why what's wrong with my comments? They need to upgrade the Safari for the iPad instead of using the basic function Safari for that's make for the iPhone. The surfing experience just went down for me since I want to use this more often but the Safari is just plain basic.

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I quite enjoy surfing on my iPad. Sure beats surfing on my iTouch. I can do it with at least two on my lap. I really don't miss flash that much - or the adverts that came with it. Most of the websites I go on don't require it anyway. I've gotten use to the keypad on the iPad pretty quickly. It goes on it's first trip this weekend.

OP
L

LEXX911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I shouldn't be blaming the iPad here. This is more towards Safari and it's lack of functionality. I do enjoy surfing on my iPad but the Safari kind of take the fun away from it. Another thing is that most of the websites out there are Flash base so the enjoyment is lost there also.

Another thing is what's wrong of giving people the choice to turn on or off Flash?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If people think surfing the internet is superior to a netbook. They either just use it for basic surfing. So here why it suck.
1. Safari
2. No FLASH!!!
3. reload/refresh of a webpage everytime you hit the back button. Really really annoying. That's why I like the Opera Mini on the iPhone because it cache the webpage properly and when you push the back button you won't have to reload.
4. No stop button to kill reload/refresh of a webpage. Actually there is but it's the stupid tiny x in your address bar. Another thing is that Opera Mini have a stop option
5. Not able to select text and do a google search, youtube search or wiki search ect...another thing is that there's no Ctrl F to do a FIND for a word(s) on the strip down basic Safari.
7. Virtual keyboard. Why can't they change the keyboard layout to someting like this?

Speaking of disappointment, how do your folks feel about the education they paid for you to get?

1. Safari isn't required - there are plenty of other browsers available for the iPad.

2. No Flash? No kidding! Easily the most publicized aspect of the iPad and you didn't know this before you bought it? What other things did you miss? You knew it was a computer, right? And made by Apple? Did you hear about the touchscreen?

3. Again, use another browser.
4. Another browser, or click the "X" in the address bar to stop the reload.
5. I'm unclear why it is Apple's fault you haven't read the instructions.
6. Again, everyone knew this. Even YOU knew this, as you've got an iPhone and it works the same way. Next you'll be complaining about the sky being that annoying blue color.

7. Yeah, and why isn't there a key that automatically spells my name? Shouldn't the entire world be made to suit my preferences? :rolleyes:

Overall, I'm not seeing an iPad problem here, but rather an iQ issue. Return it, get a netbook, don't worry, be happy.

OP
L

LEXX911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If people think surfing the internet is superior to a netbook. They either just use it for basic surfing. So here why it suck.
1. Safari
2. No FLASH!!!

Speaking of disappointment, how do your folks feel about the education they paid for you to get?

1. Safari isn't required - there are plenty of other browsers available for the iPad.

2. No Flash? No kidding! Easily the most publicized aspect of the iPad and you didn't know this before you bought it? What other things did you miss? You knew it was a computer, right? And made by Apple? Did you hear about the touchscreen?

3. Again, use another browser.
4. Another browser, or click the "X" in the address bar to stop the reload.
5. I'm unclear why it is Apple's fault you haven't read the instructions.
6. Again, everyone knew this. Even YOU knew this, as you've got an iPhone and it works the same way. Next you'll be complaining about the sky being that annoying blue color.

7. Yeah, and why isn't there a key that automatically spells my name? Shouldn't the entire world be made to suit my preferences? :rolleyes:

Overall, I'm not seeing an iPad problem here, but rather an iQ issue. Return it, get a netbook, don't worry, be happy.

Why are you being such a stupid jerk? All I'm saying is that they need to fix a few things that can enhance it even more. That's what people's opinions is all about so that they know what could be done to make a product better.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think maybe you should sell your iPad. It's obvious you are not happy. I think you should buy one of the 'the other' clones out their and give them a whirl. Please do one thing for us when you do this, give this forum a report what you like and dislike with your choice...

OP
L

LEXX911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, I know there's a huge Apple Fanboys but didn't expect to get attack by a bunch of iPad Fanboys.

Admin, mod please remove me from this BBS forum.
Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts