What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here I am!

shrink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a long time Mac user and fanatic. I go all the way back to the Apple IIe up through my current 27" iMac. I also have an iPhone 3Gs and the new iPad (64Gig).

I'm hoping that the iPad will eliminate any need for me to take a laptop when I travel. I'm particularly interested in Keynote on the iPad any tricks or tips that emerge. I hope that the iWorks team will beef it up as time goes by.

That's me!:)

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the iPad Forums :)

One cool thing I noticed in Keynote that I did not know would be there even after watching all the lead up videos to launch. There is a cool little addition to the slides once in presentation mode, when you hold your finger down longer on the slide than you would to progress to the next transition or slide, you get a red laser dot that appears beneath your finger for presenting on a larger screen. I have yet to connect mine to an external projector, but I am guessing it will show up there as well.

It was really fun to move my finger about and watch this red laser dot follow it and even emit a small red trail behind it, depending on how fast your movements were. Very realistic looking to say the least and one less thing to carry along on a presentation.;)

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome Shrink, I used my ipad last week doing a presentation to someone with Keynote. I did not use an ext projector but it worked well. My apple id does not work on iwork.com for some reason. I have not had time to mess around with it.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, hope to see you around!!!:)

Most reactions

Latest posts