What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELPPPPP - ipad1 wifi gsm stuck on connect to itunes - can't restore or jailbreak :/

dey1know

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good evening folks, I am trying to revive my iPad that went into connect to iTunes mode after my uncle tried to update it. I tried iTunes multiple times to restore but I keep getting error message 14 from two different computers running Windows 7 and Windows 8 but no success.. I tried 4.3.3 and also latest 5.1 ios same error message on both computer when it tries to write on iPad. I tried recovery mode and dfu mode same error message. The restore initiates than the iPad reboots the apple logo comes and the bar underneath it it goes about 5 percent than bammmm error 14. I even tried to restore with redsnow using ios 5.1 but every time it gives me error 2624 at the same time when the progress reaches 5 percent or so on the iPad under the apple logo. When I try to jailbreak it goes through everything including writing ramdisk than it says "error.. please turn off your device normally and retry redsnow again". Please helpppppp thanks in advance everybody... btw I checked the host file and ran tinyumbrella with redsnow noooo success at all. Still stuck on connect to iTunes screen... I been trying to revive this guy for past 5 Hrs:mad:

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try restoring using this tutorial by my fellow moderator, f4780y: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

If you follow all the steps exactly as written, you should end up with a stock iPad1 running iOS 5.1.1. Then, you can re-jail break it if you wish.

Oh, and if you can, make a backup first so you don't lose your data and settings.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
D

dey1know

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no offense but that's the first forum I tried following and even than I still retried after reading your post... I even tried a new cable but still the same issue Error 14 on iTunes. It passes verifying the update with apple and after than when it goes in "restoring ipad" it just stopped, give me error 14 and reboots the ipad into the same state ... any other suggestions guys.

Most reactions