What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad stuck on connect to itunes

d1lu5ion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have an ipod that is stuck on the connect to itunes screen.

I tried to plug it into itunes and it says the ipad is in recovery mode and must restore in order to use itunes.

I tried holding the sleep/wake button as well as the home button to restart the ipad and it doesn't work.

I also do not get a slider option to fully turn off the ipad, and when I try to reset the ipad it doesn't work.

No matter what I do it goes the same screen.

I'm not wanting to restore the ipad because I don't want to lose everything. Is this something I might have to end up doing anyway?

Or is there another way around this?

OP
D

d1lu5ion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would but the only problem is that it's not mine. It's a friends ipad the school lent and theres downloaded stuff on there for notes being taken from class.. I don't want to do a restore and lose everything. Is there another way around this?

OP
D

d1lu5ion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured it out. All I did was download tinyumbrella, had the ipod connected to the computer. seleced the name on the leftside of the tinyumbrella and clicked exit recovery. Then it went back to the home screen after a reboot. :)

Most reactions