What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

miflores17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it true that apple Store repair or replace an iPad 2 if the screen crack I never been to a apple store before I have read that other people go to the apple store and try to see if they can repair their apple item and they got told "did u back up your device?" then they said yes.....after that they give you a brand new one....also if it was your first visit....is this true????

OP
M

miflores17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope this is true I haven't got apple care yet and I never been to an apple store before I drop my iPad 2 and the screen cracked and bend the corners not to badly but noticeable I made an Genius bar appointment and hopefully they can help I still have the 1 year warranty that usually comes with every iPad 2......

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It appears to be a completely unofficial, unacknowledged, 'they will deny it if asked' policy of a once-only replacement for a cracked glass iPad, even if it wasn't the fault of the iPad or Apple. Go in to an Apple Store - be humble, polite, deferential and explain what happened. We've yet to have a Member who hasn't had their iPad replaced. Occasionally they've had to ask - politely - to see the Manager or even go to another Store, but all were successful in the end. Remember, though, it's a courtesy from Apple - and a very fine one at that. There is no entitlement.

Tim

OP
M

miflores17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ohhh ok thank you so much for the help....hopefully when I attend my appointment and see if apple can help me.....

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let us know how you get on - it's always encouraging to other Members to hear of these experiences...

Tim

OP
M

miflores17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone I just came from the apple store and got my iPad 2 replace for free....no charge...thanks apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions