What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!

mPad_4523

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I ordered a new iPad2 (white 32GB Wifi 3G) last week. I was out of town when it was delivered to my house, so my roomies took it inside and put it in my room. Well they also threw some house party, and a bunch of our stuff got stolen, including the iPad and some jewelry and other small expensive things. Hoping we find this guy/gal. But if not, I was wondering is there ANY way I can get this iPad tracked by ANYBODY (police, apple, ANYONE!) even with it never being turned on or used. It was still in its shipping box, and still packed up in the iPad box sealed and never used.

Is there any way this can be tracked for me once turned on??? Please help this sucks!!:mad:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see how it could be tracked if you never even took it out of the box and synced it with iTunes.

I think you may be out of luck.:(

OP
M

mPad_4523

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really? Apple cant/wont even track it using a serial number or anything?? :(

Reaction score
mPad_4523 said:
Really? Apple cant/wont even track it using a serial number or anything?? :(

The thing is, Apple does not play detective. They certainly have the devices serial number, as you have bought it online, but they won't go tracking the iPad.

You can only go to the police and file the iPad as stolen. With the police report may Apple be willing to help the police locate the iPad, but without police request will they not help.

Yes, I agree with my previous poster. Your mates should cover the cost, if you don't get your iPad back.

It certainly must have been a bad surprise for you, to have your iPad stolen.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Man, that sucks. A very unfortunate string of events. I would contact any and all insurance companies you can. Home owners, even your parents, to see if the policy will cover you away from home. Leave no insurance stone unturned. Did you buy it with an American Express card, they have buyer protection as well as some of the other credit cards.

Most reactions

Latest posts