What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with transfer of photos using 5 in 1 connection kit

fufu12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to load photos from my friends Mac to my ipad. We loaded the photos to a camera scan disk from his Mac but when I insert it in the connection kit to import the photos no pictures are shown on my ipad to import. Is there any other way for him to send the pics to my ipad not using email pls advice

OP
F

fufu12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi we have tried the app but takes ages to upload on Mac and transfer to ipad any other suggestions?

OP
F

fufu12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are using our Internet connection the same wi fi

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
fufu12 said:
We are using our Internet connection the same wi fi

And you tried the Photo Transfer App on both the Mac and IPad together, or just the iPad using the web interface on the Mac side?

OP
F

fufu12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes what we did wa installed the app on ipad and Mac then typed in the web address given on ipad with my name on the macs web address bar...the uploading took forever on the Mac i had the app opened on the ipad while it uploaded I tried drop box which is not convenient for 100+ photos...now we trying the cheap version of the connection kit with a flash stick but nothing I even tried the sd card of the camera no photos comes up

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
fufu12 said:
Yes what we did wa installed the app on ipad and Mac then typed in the web address given on ipad with my name on the macs web address bar...the uploading took forever on the Mac i had the app opened on the ipad while it uploaded I tried drop box which is not convenient for 100+ photos...now we trying the cheap version of the connection kit with a flash stick but nothing I even tried the sd card of the camera no photos comes up

If you follow the instructions on the iPad for iOS device to Mac, you should not even need the browser. You need to have started the Photo Transfer App on the Mac side. I'm not sure about the slowness, because I've found it quite fast. Possibly the photos are of a very high resolution? Larger files may take longer to transfer with any method. I'm not sure whether the iPad will try to resize them automatically if they are too big?

Last edited:

Sarvesh869

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
deepknowhow.com
Add your pics to the camera data card and insert it to the connection kit. If in the photo folder if no camera tab appears switch off your device, restart and then insert your card again to be processed.This problem is often resolved by switching off and then restarting it again.
Also check your card supports the connection kit.

Most reactions