What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imported photos are burry

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought my husband an iPad yesterday. He imported over 1,000 photos from his Mac. At first, in itunes, it said there wasn't enough space on the iPad. he has the 32gb model. I told him to try syncing again. He did and it said something like 'adjusting photos' and they all loaded fine, only 2 gb of the iPad used total. But when we viewed the photos many of them were now blurry/fuzzy and they are beautifully in focus on the mac. What's up with that?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes had to compress them, apparently a lot, so they would fit on the space available. Compression loses details making them look sligtly blurry, matter of fact, if their really blurry, iTunes probably only loaded thumbnails images instead of the full pictures, because, it told you there wasn't enough space, and you told it to do it anyway. However, that said, I have a 64gb iPad 1 with 22gb of music, several gigabytes of movies and around 800 pictures and they display very well, with no blurriness at all. And I have almost 6gb left. How much space did you have available before you tried to download the pictures? Where the photos in RAW only format? Not jpg format. All RAW format pictures include a small low resolution jpg file, that may be what your seeing. The iPad can't display some RAW format files so it displays the small jpg file instead. If so convert the RAW to JPG and try again. Uncheck the Sync photos button and sync your iPad, this will erase all of the pictures currently on the iPad, then check the Sync Photos button and select the jpg photos you want. and Sync again, you should have photos now on the iPad.

OP
NYHorsewoman

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, sounds like the ipad saved the thumbnail versions. I will try what you suggested and report back. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts