What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with iPad2 Dock Connector To VGA Cable Adapter

dankegley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This issue pertains to the Apple Digital AV Adapter (MC953ZM/A). Its purpose is to connect your iPad from its 30-pinDock Connector to the full size HDMI port zas on an HDTV. Though it will work for photos and vids on iPad, on the iPad2 it will additionnaly "mirror" exactly what is on your ipad screen, even your home page with icans if that is what's displayed on you iPad. I use a 15' HDMI cable so I can sit in my favorite chair, as the TV is a 47" Vizio and my iMac-created movies ar all in full HD, that is, 1080p. i sync my movies from itunes at full resolution (1092*1080) in "pass through" MP4 since I want full HD for my TV. If I converted to iPad specs, or Apple TV specs, same thing, actually, it would reduce the quality. All in all, it works extremely well except for one thing. When Apple produced this 30-pin adapter to fit the iPad1, they never reengineered the adapter for iPad2, just kept selling the MC953ZM/A. Big mistake. The iPad1 had 90 degree corners, so the adapter fitt all the way into the dock. But the iPad2 backplate is curved, so the dock port is recessed and therefore the connector doesn't reach and cannot seat all the way in... It stays very loose (I've tried three) so in the middle of movies the wire falls out. I've contacted Apple, no reponses. Is there any chance we can collectively voice concern for those of who may have this problem? Thanks for any help... Dan

Opamax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

I have got an Apple VGA Adaptor MC552ZM/B. I connect my iPad2 3G to my TV monitor with the aim to copy
whatever iPad screen views to my TV. Do you have advise how to accomplish this ?

OpaMax

Most reactions

Latest posts