What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with a Gift Code please

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave away iphone before I un locked they had trouble unlocking and gave back to me to unlock which I did buy putting my id back in .But then cud not put in their id so tuck to apple store huge say same as you till they looked at it and checked on their system.

Could you post more coherently? I realize that this is an international forum, but there has to be a basic communication level for plain comprehension.

It sounds like you had some kind of problem related to giving away your iPhone, but that is not related to what the OP is asking.

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you enter an id on an ios device on 6.1.3 you are stuck their for 90 days as told to me in the apple store once they researched it even they didn't no till they checked .

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Once you enter an id on an ios device on 6.1.3 you are stuck their for 90 days as told to me in the apple store once they researched it even they didn't no till they checked .

Can you please provide a reference for your information so we can see it?

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Your experience is unrelated to what we're talking about.

That probably has to do with associating your iDevice to a computer, or with matching your music. That doesn't have to do with switching iTunes accounts among diff countries' iTunes stores for buying content.

I just updated my Hong Kong apps via my HK iTunes ID and switched back to my US iTunes account without problem. (I live in the US.) I'm about to update my UK apps, but I don't use that frequently, so my only prob with that is remembering which email address I used for my ID. I use UK apps (purchased through my UK iTunes account) so I can watch BBC and iTV via VPN.

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a print out it is headed iTunes Store Associating a device or computer to your apple Id so if you search this you will find it

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a print out it is headed iTunes Store Associating a device or computer to your apple Id so if you search this you will find it

That is precisely what Kay suggested you were referring to but it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread which is redeeming codes in the App Store. It is good information, just not relevant to this particular topic.

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yes-I see now what you mean!

Max two--as what Gabriel and kaykaykay stated, your info is unrelated to the topic being discussed!

OP
T

TheBagwhan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, folks - although I didn't want to start an argument! I don't see where in iTunes I can change stores on my iPad iTunes. I've found it on my PC-based iTunes, but not the iPad?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, folks - although I didn't want to start an argument! I don't see where in iTunes I can change stores on my iPad iTunes. I've found it on my PC-based iTunes, but not the iPad?

On your iPad go to Settings - iTunes & App Stores, tap your Apple ID and sign out. Then you are given the possibility to create a new Apple ID (if that's what you intended to do).

image-2802704981.jpg
For a new Apple ID without credit card, go to the App Store - Featured, scroll down to your Apple ID and sign out.
Choose a free app to be installed, then you may choose a new country and create a new Apple ID. Just follow the instructions.

Last edited:

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks Kaykay for some good info for getting viewing that I two am keen to purchase.I knew it was possible and know I know how.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
May be this will clarify the issue. Each country has an iTunes Store however in order to buy from that store you need a valid address in that country, a email address using gmail as it is easy to set up and a method of obtaining iTunes cards from that country. Donot use a credit card.......

If one has more than one country say Australia and USA plus UK it is a matter of just switching iTunes stores to access what is available. Once one redeems iTunes cards for that country you can down load music movies and apps plus what ever the store offers to you ipad or Apple TV and any other device. If a update is required for an App one has to switch countries and enter user name pass word then the update completes. eBay has heaps of offers for iTunes cards but be aware some are expensive. Hope that helps.

Col

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts