What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Launches Variable Cost Gift Cards for iTunes

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
9992-variable-cost-gift-card.JPG

9to5 Mac reports today that Apple has made a change to its iTunes gift cards just in time for the holiday season! Previously, you could only buy cards for certain set amounts, also starting at $15. Now you can pre-load the card with any amount from $15-$500 by taking them to the cashier and asking them to load up the card with the amount that you choose. When the cashier validates the card, the amount that you have paid is assigned a code, which the person that you are giving the gift card to can redeem in the iTunes store, either via the usual method, or also via FaceTime Camera scan. 9to5 Mac says that these new gift cards will be sold in supermarket chains and other electrical goods stores, as well as Apple Stores, presumably. The card is currently not available online. This is clearly a very helpful move by Apple, giving the consumer more choice, but I only wish they would lower the minimum amount to something smaller, at least $10, or maybe even $5, for people who want to buy a smaller gift. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: [/FONT]Apple introduces variable cost iTunes Gift Cards to third party retailers for the holidays | 9to5Mac

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cool. I like it this way anyway that way you're not restricted on one set amount. You can load it for whatever amount your budget allows.

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As long as you can still buy at a discount - I always buy gift cards when they are on sale (the last ones I got were at a 20% discount).

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As long as you can still buy at a discount - I always buy gift cards when they are on sale (the last ones I got were at a 20% discount).

I don't know how they would give a discount on a loaded card. There is no fixed price unless they give the discount based on the loaded price but I doubt anyone would do that.

Most reactions

Latest posts