What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Used Spirit Jailbreak, now PDFs don't appear in iBooks!

Cheviot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

Yesterday I used Spirit to jailbreak my ipad and all went well. However, the first time I launched iBooks something peculiar happened. The display flashed for a moment, then redrew the iBooks "shelf" but missing was the button to show which PDFs were on the iPad. I resynced but the pdfs did not reappear. As a precaution I removed iBooks, then reinstalled iBooks and resynced. Still no pdfs in iBooks.

Any ideas?

ZeeDD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PDF button in books only appears when you have PDF files synced. Are you shure that you already have pdf files in your ibook app ?

Franck.

OP
C

Cheviot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already had PDFs synced when I jailbroke and the pdf button in iBooks went away. I double checked, they're still in iTunes under books.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I already had PDFs synced when I jailbroke and the pdf button in iBooks went away. I double checked, they're still in iTunes under books.

There in itunes, but are there any on your iPad?

when you select your ipad i itunes and go to the books tab it will let you check weather all books are synced or if only selected books are synced. Make sure the PDF's are being transferred over to the ipad.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score

when you select your ipad i itunes and go to the books tab it will let you check weather all books are synced or if only selected books are synced. Make sure the PDF's are being transferred over to the ipad.

What version of iTunes are you using? Assume it is 9.1 since that is the one that supports JB. Since this version does not support PDFs could it be a syncing problem? Try emailing yourself a pdf and see if you can open it in iBook. That should land it on your shelf as well.

-Greg

OP
C

Cheviot

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That did it. I don't know how, but iTunes had been set to only sync selected books... and all PDFs had been unselected. Strange in that I know i didn't do it.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Most reactions

Latest posts